|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insect does Betty mention that feeds on cotton crops?
(b) Praying Mantis.
(d) Boll Weevil.
2. What does Lottie's mother do when she learns that Lottie is dating Charles?
(a) Sends her back to Ireland.
(b) Sends her to a convent school.
(c) Smashes Lottie's hands with firewood.
(d) Grounds her for a month.
3. What did Bridget always refuse to do?
(a) Learn to speak English.
(b) Work in the fields.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Wear a store-bought dress.
4. How is Trudy able to get credit in the store?
(a) Lottie takes up a collection.
(b) She wears down the store owner's resistance.
(c) The store owner runs a credit check.
(d) Her husband gets her a credit card.
5. What year is it in Chapter 9?
6. In what state does A CURE FOR DREAMS begin?
7. Who is Betty Davies Randolph's daughter?
(a) Marjorie Polly Randolph.
(b) May Ellen Randolph.
(c) Marlene Randolph.
(d) Elizabeth Ann Randolph.
8. In the Introduction, what does Marjorie state that her mother loved to do?
9. The Wassermann Test is used to diagnose ___________________.
10. Betty fits in well at school but still prefers the company of ____________________.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her dolls.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her mother.
11. Who pays for the funeral of the boy killed at the mill?
(a) His parents.
(b) The city council.
(d) The Methodist Church.
12. What is Lottie's friend, Sade's, last name?
13. In Chapter 5, America is suffering through ___________________.
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
14. From what state has the woman in #55 moved?
15. Lottie is especially proud of her beautiful ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lottie says that a person can tell how a man feels about his wife by _____________________.
2. What is the only food Betty will eat when she is twelve?
3. What happens to Sade after her husband's murder?
4. What is the main course of the dinner that Lottie and Betty take to the new family in town?
5. Who is Betty's first true friend?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)