|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Betty's first true friend?
(a) Melanie Kerrigan.
(b) Margie Watson.
(c) Trudy Woodlief.
(d) Joanne Shroyer.
2. Lottie says that a person can tell how a man feels about his wife by _____________________.
(a) The size of the house in which they live.
(b) The way he addresses her in public.
(c) The expensive gifts he gives her.
(d) The trips he arranges for the couple.
3. What does Charles complain about much of the time?
(a) That his back hurts.
(b) That gas is too high.
(c) That the wrong man is in the White House.
(d) That they are broke.
4. What do Lottie and Sade never speak about during their long friendship?
(a) Betty's illness.
(b) Charles' infidelity.
(c) Roy's murder.
(d) Lottie's childhood.
5. Trudy's children are known to be _________________.
(a) Good students.
(b) Good musicians.
(d) Very shy.
6. From what state has the woman in #55 moved?
7. Charles' behavior becomes increasingly more _______________.
8. What is the only food Betty will eat when she is twelve?
(b) Pork chops.
9. What is the main course of the dinner that Lottie and Betty take to the new family in town?
(a) Meat Loaf.
(b) Fried Chicken.
(c) Roast Beef.
10. What is Lottie's nationality?
11. Who is the U.S. President at the beginning of the Great Depression?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Grover Cleveland.
(c) William Harding.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
12. Lottie points out other women in the club to Betty as examples of __________________.
(a) Happy marriages.
(b) Compassionate people.
(c) Bad hairstyles.
(d) Wonderful style.
13. Men who order their wives around by command treat them like _______________.
(b) Indentured servants.
(c) School girls.
14. How can Lottie best be described?
15. At what age did Lottie have to leave school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles commit suicide?
2. According to Lottie, the true indicator of a man who holds his wife in high esteem is when he addresses her by _______________________.
3. What happens to Sade after her husband's murder?
4. What is notable about the friendship between Betty and the person in #55?
5. The Wassermann Test is used to diagnose ___________________.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)