|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lottie do with her dinner that makes Charles angry?
(a) She throws it on the floor.
(b) She puts in on the garden.
(c) She flushes it down the commode.
(d) She gives it to the neighbor's dogs.
2. According to Lottie, the true indicator of a man who holds his wife in high esteem is when he addresses her by _______________________.
(a) Her name.
(b) Her nickname.
(c) Her sex.
(d) Her job.
3. From what state has the woman in #55 moved?
4. Charles' behavior becomes increasingly more _______________.
5. Who does Lottie think killed Sade's husband?
(a) An escaped prisoner.
(d) A vagrant.
6. What is the main activity of the women's group that Lottie forms.
(b) Hospital volunteering.
(c) Card playing.
(d) Teaching cooking.
7. Trudy's children are known to be _________________.
(b) Good students.
(c) Very shy.
(d) Good musicians.
8. Betty fits in well at school but still prefers the company of ____________________.
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her dolls.
9. What is Lottie's nationality?
10. How old was Lottie when she got married?
11. What does Lottie's mother do when she learns that Lottie is dating Charles?
(a) Grounds her for a month.
(b) Smashes Lottie's hands with firewood.
(c) Sends her to a convent school.
(d) Sends her back to Ireland.
12. What is the name of the community where Lottie and Betty live?
(a) Hogpath Road.
(c) Milk Farm Road.
(d) Crystal Lake.
13. What is Lottie's religion?
14. What does Lottie note about Sade's quilt when she sees it at Sade's house?
(a) It is bigger than planned.
(b) The recent stitching is very bad.
(c) The squares are uneven.
(d) It is almost finished.
15. The women playing cards say nice things to Trudy about ________________________.
(a) Her being pregnant with twins.
(b) The flattering color of her sweater.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her hairstyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Wassermann Test is used to diagnose ___________________.
2. What is the state of Lottie and Charles' marriage in Chapter 4?
3. What do Lottie and Sade never speak about during their long friendship?
4. What do the men in Lottie's family do all day, every day?
5. Lottie is especially proud of her beautiful ________________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)