|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charles' dead body found?
(a) An alley.
(b) A car crash.
(c) The river.
(d) A warehouse.
2. How is Trudy able to get credit in the store?
(a) Lottie takes up a collection.
(b) The store owner runs a credit check.
(c) She wears down the store owner's resistance.
(d) Her husband gets her a credit card.
3. What does Lottie do with her dinner that makes Charles angry?
(a) She throws it on the floor.
(b) She puts in on the garden.
(c) She gives it to the neighbor's dogs.
(d) She flushes it down the commode.
4. What does Lottie note about Sade's quilt when she sees it at Sade's house?
(a) The recent stitching is very bad.
(b) It is almost finished.
(c) The squares are uneven.
(d) It is bigger than planned.
5. Why does the person in #55 create a scene at the local store?
(a) She is denied credit.
(b) A clerk spills molasses on her.
(c) They are out of sugar.
(d) Her order has been delayed.
6. Why is Lottie angry about Charles' death?
(a) She is too young to be a widow.
(b) She had warned him not to drive that day.
(c) She didn't get a chance to say goodbye.
(d) She cannot collect the life insurance money.
7. What insect does Betty mention that feeds on cotton crops?
(c) Praying Mantis.
(d) Boll Weevil.
8. Why is no serious search ever launched for Roy's killer?
(a) They don't have the manpower.
(b) Roy committed suicide.
(c) Everyone believes he deserved to die anyway.
(d) Someone confessed to the crime.
9. Who narrates the story in Chapter 1?
(a) May Ellen.
10. What disease does Betty contract?
11. Who does Sade tell the authorities probably killed her husband?
(a) Their son.
(c) A tramp.
(d) His boss.
12. Who do most Americans blame for the Great Depression?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Richard Nixon.
13. How many children does the person in #55 have?
14. What do Lottie and Betty do after Charles refuses to take them to town to window shop?
(a) Hitchhike into town.
(b) Buy expensive dresses.
(c) Leave town for a few days.
(d) Burn his dinner.
15. Who is Betty's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lottie says that a person can tell how a man feels about his wife by _____________________.
2. What do Lottie and Sade never speak about during their long friendship?
3. What is the person in #55 doing when Lottie and Betty visit?
4. Lottie points out other women in the club to Betty as examples of __________________.
5. What year is it in Chapter 9?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)