|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Betty contract?
2. What is the date of the Introduction?
(a) September 15, 1954.
(b) December 15, 1989.
(c) January 1, 1917.
(d) June 25, 1960.
3. Lottie says that a person can tell how a man feels about his wife by _____________________.
(a) The size of the house in which they live.
(b) The expensive gifts he gives her.
(c) The trips he arranges for the couple.
(d) The way he addresses her in public.
4. Which of the following does Trudy's husband steal?
5. Who does Lottie think killed Sade's husband?
(a) An escaped prisoner.
(b) A vagrant.
6. Which politician is mentioned for his affiliation with Louisiana?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Hubert Humphrey.
7. What insect does Betty mention that feeds on cotton crops?
(a) Boll Weevil.
(d) Praying Mantis.
8. Who is Betty's mother?
9. What does Lottie note about Sade's quilt when she sees it at Sade's house?
(a) It is almost finished.
(b) The squares are uneven.
(c) The recent stitching is very bad.
(d) It is bigger than planned.
10. Betty fits in well at school but still prefers the company of ____________________.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her dolls.
(d) Her mother.
11. What does Charles refuse to do when a boy is killed at the mill?
(a) Call his parents.
(b) Pay for the funeral.
(c) Halt production.
(d) Send flowers.
12. What is the only food Betty will eat when she is twelve?
(d) Pork chops.
13. Who is Lottie's mother?
14. What does Charles complain about much of the time?
(a) That gas is too high.
(b) That his back hurts.
(c) That they are broke.
(d) That the wrong man is in the White House.
15. Betty notes a correlation between economic hardship and __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Betty's father?
2. Who develops excellent skills at Lottie's group meetings?
3. Why does Charles commit suicide?
4. Despite her dislike for Trudy, who still finds a way to help the woman care for her children?
5. What does Charles not allow Lottie to buy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)