|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Betty's first true friend?
(a) Trudy Woodlief.
(b) Joanne Shroyer.
(c) Melanie Kerrigan.
(d) Margie Watson.
2. Despite her dislike for Trudy, who still finds a way to help the woman care for her children?
(d) Sally Jo.
3. What do Lottie and Sade never speak about during their long friendship?
(a) Lottie's childhood.
(b) Charles' infidelity.
(c) Roy's murder.
(d) Betty's illness.
4. Betty's mother thinks Betty's diet is fine as long as ____________________.
(a) She eats enough to remain full.
(b) She drinks her milk too.
(c) She takes vitamins too.
(d) She grows out of this stage.
5. In the Introduction, what does Marjorie state that her mother loved to do?
6. What does Charles refuse to do when a boy is killed at the mill?
(a) Halt production.
(b) Send flowers.
(c) Pay for the funeral.
(d) Call his parents.
7. Who develops excellent skills at Lottie's group meetings?
8. Lottie gives advice to Amanda on ______________________ during the Depression.
(a) Keeping up family morale.
(b) Taking care of her clothes.
(c) Reducing household expenses.
(d) Cooking on a budget.
9. What is the main activity of the women's group that Lottie forms.
(b) Card playing.
(c) Teaching cooking.
(d) Hospital volunteering.
10. What year is it in Chapter 9?
11. Betty notes a correlation between economic hardship and __________________.
12. Who is Betty Davies Randolph's daughter?
(a) Marjorie Polly Randolph.
(b) Marlene Randolph.
(c) Elizabeth Ann Randolph.
(d) May Ellen Randolph.
13. Who is Sade's husband?
14. What disease does Betty contract?
15. Which of the following does Charles NOT do when the neighbor's dogs lunge at him?
(a) Shoot the dogs.
(b) Leave the house by the back door.
(c) Run into the house.
(d) Drive away in his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the U.S. President at the beginning of the Great Depression?
2. In what state does A CURE FOR DREAMS begin?
3. What is the name of the local general store?
4. What religion does Lottie's husband practice?
5. Who is Trudy's husband?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)