|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 & 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty notes a correlation between economic hardship and __________________.
2. When she returns home, Betty learns that _________________ slapped Polly.
(c) The mailman.
(d) A wealthy woman.
3. Who does Sade tell the authorities probably killed her husband?
(a) Their son.
(b) A tramp.
(d) His boss.
4. Lottie gives advice to Amanda on ______________________ during the Depression.
(a) Keeping up family morale.
(b) Taking care of her clothes.
(c) Cooking on a budget.
(d) Reducing household expenses.
5. Lottie and Polly caution Betty about ____________________.
(a) Wearing her skirts too short.
(b) Staying out too late.
(c) Going to so many parties.
(d) Not getting pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles refuse to do when a boy is killed at the mill?
2. What does Stanton want Betty to bring to him at the hospital?
3. What is the cause of Charles' death?
4. Sade's husband has an affair after ___________________.
5. Stanton is admitted to the hospital for _____________________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)