|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 & 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stanton is admitted to the hospital for _____________________.
(c) Drug abuse.
2. Where does Betty live in Richmond?
(a) A rooming house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A dorm.
(d) A hotel.
3. Who does Lottie think killed Sade's husband?
(a) An escaped prisoner.
(b) A vagrant.
4. Who is the U.S. President at the beginning of the Great Depression?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Grover Cleveland.
(d) William Harding.
5. Why is no serious search ever launched for Roy's killer?
(a) Someone confessed to the crime.
(b) They don't have the manpower.
(c) Roy committed suicide.
(d) Everyone believes he deserved to die anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Charles' death?
2. What does Charles refuse to do when a boy is killed at the mill?
3. What does Stanton give to Betty to make her feel less tired?
4. How had Betty met the young man in #142 many years ago?
5. What name does Stanton call Betty as she leaves the hospital?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)