Introduction and Chapters 1 & 2
1. In what state does A CURE FOR DREAMS begin?
2. What is the date of the Introduction?
(a) January 1, 1917.
(b) September 15, 1954.
(c) December 15, 1989.
(d) June 25, 1960.
3. Who is Betty Davies Randolph's daughter?
(a) May Ellen Randolph.
(b) Marlene Randolph.
(c) Elizabeth Ann Randolph.
(d) Marjorie Polly Randolph.
4. Who is Betty Davies Randolph's mother?
(a) Lottie O'Cadhain Davies.
(b) Lorelie O'Shaughnessey.
(c) Lucinda Marjorie Shannon.
(d) Lynn Mallory Dyer.
5. In the Introduction, what does Marjorie state that her mother loved to do?
6. Who narrates the story in Chapter 1?
(a) May Ellen.
7. Who did Lottie marry in 1917?
(a) Paul Shannon.
(b) Charles Davies.
(c) Martin O'Leary.
(d) Charles Preston.
8. What religion does Lottie's husband practice?
9. What is Lottie's nationality?
10. Who is Lottie's mother?
11. What is Lottie's religion?
12. Charles attributes Lottie's family's hardships to _____________________.
(a) Lack of education.
(b) Her father being a lazy alcoholic.
(d) The bad economy.
This section contains 3,564 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)