|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Eleanor's room?
2. How old is the proprietress?
3. Josie gets a part in a play as ______.
(b) Leading lady.
(c) Supporting actress.
(d) A chorus girl.
4. What word is used to describe the pursuer's steps?
5. What pattern is the shawl on Eleanor's table?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's profession "on a good day?"
2. Philip buys a ____ for Eleanor.
3. What kind of stones are in the jewelry Philip gave to Eleanor?
4. Philip becomes _____ with Rosemary.
5. Who greets Eleanor on the street as she and Josie walk home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Rosemary's remembrances of the wedding.
2. Where does Eleanor find a place to live?
3. Explain the letter sent to Eleanor from Philip.
4. What does Philip do after Eleanor declines an invitation to dinner?
5. How does Philip's relationship with Jane change?
6. Discuss the scene between Eleanor and her father. What are Eleanor's opinions about her father?
7. How does Eleanor learn about Philip's death?
8. How does Philip break the news to Rosemary? What is Rosemary's reaction?
9. How does Philip react when he meets Tess?
10. What does Jane find when she arrives at Rosemary's house to deliver the news?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)