|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's profession "on a good day?"
(a) Clothing designer.
2. Eleanor's mother had to struggle to buy ___ for her daughter.
(a) Hair ribbons.
3. According to Eleanor, a person appears in the newspaper ____ time(s).
4. Which word is not used to describe the interior of the boarding house?
5. What second item catches the woman's eye?
(c) Letter opener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosemary receives a card from Eleanor that contains ____.
2. What is the first name of Rosemary's fiance?
3. Eleanor first tried on a hat in which color?
4. What is Jane's last name?
5. What is the name of the piano player?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosemary do after she kills Philip?
2. Describe the evening Eleanor spends with Philip. What occurs the next day?
3. Describe the scene in which Rosemary sends Philip off to war.
4. What surprise does Rosemary receive during the séance?
5. Where does Eleanor find a place to live?
6. What occurs after Rosemary leaves the store? What is Rosemary's next purchase?
7. Who is Rosemary?
8. What happens when Dora finds Philip's letter to Eleanor?
9. What does Philip do after Eleanor declines an invitation to dinner?
10. Explain the letter sent to Eleanor from Philip.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)