Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story begins in this year.
2. A newspaper boy yells out news about U.S. breaking ties with which country?
3. How does Eleanor find out about the wedding?
4. Which word is not used to describe the interior of the boarding house?
5. What color is the square of velvet?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Eleanor, a person appears in the newspaper ____ time(s).
2. Where is the shop located?
3. Philip is late for dinner. He tells Rosemary he was at the ______.
4. When does Josie return from the theatre?
5. What is the first name of Rosemary's fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip break the news to Rosemary? What is Rosemary's reaction?
2. Where does Eleanor find a place to live?
3. What causes Eleanor to depart?
4. What happens to Eleanor after she leaves work at the hat shop?
5. Describe the scene in which Eleanor goes to the theatre.
6. What happens when Eleanor walks out to Philip's car?
7. Discuss the conversation between Rosemary and her father.
8. What does Jane find when she arrives at Rosemary's house to deliver the news?
9. What is Eleanor's main regret over Philip's alleged death?
10. What does Philip do after Eleanor declines an invitation to dinner?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)