|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josie gets a part in a play as ______.
(a) A chorus girl.
(c) Leading lady.
(d) Supporting actress.
2. What type of store is mentioned in the beginning of chapter 2?
3. Philip claims that his attraction to Eleanor is like a(n) _____.
4. Who answers the door at the boarding house?
5. Philip regrets not having enough ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stones are in the jewelry Philip gave to Eleanor?
2. What is the woman's profession "on a good day?"
3. The story begins in this year.
4. What type of afghan was in the back seat of the car?
5. Philip admires Jane's _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the discussion between Jane and her mother.
2. Philip arrives at Eleanor's house once again. What occurs?
3. What is the status between Rosemary and Philip? What may alter their future?
4. What does Eleanor do on the day of the wedding?
5. What dramatic scene takes place between Philip and Rosemary?
6. Discuss the discovery of Eleanor's pregnancy.
7. What mail does Rosemary receive from Eleanor?
8. What is Eleanor's main regret over Philip's alleged death?
9. Describe the scene in which Rosemary sends Philip off to war.
10. What happens to Philip when he goes to the boarding house to see Eleanor?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)