|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The owner's pen was carved out of ____.
(b) Mother of pearl.
2. According to Eleanor, a person appears in the newspaper ____ time(s).
3. Josie advises Eleanor to only order meals at the boarding house on which day?
4. What is the woman's last name?
5. Rosemary demands ____ from Philip.
(b) A prenuptial agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor drinking on the night she goes with Philip?
2. What item of clothing does the woman don to protect her from the rain?
3. A newspaper boy yells out news about U.S. breaking ties with which country?
4. What pattern is the shawl on Eleanor's table?
5. What is the man's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Eleanor's reaction when she sees the newspaper article announcing Philip and Rosemary's wedding.
2. Who is Rosemary?
3. What does Rosemary do after she kills Philip?
4. What dramatic scene takes place between Philip and Rosemary?
5. What news does Jane deliver to Rosemary? How does Rosemary react?
6. Philip visits Eleanor at work. What occurs during the visit?
7. What causes Eleanor to depart?
8. Discuss the conversation between Rosemary and her father.
9. What happens to Philip when he goes to the boarding house to see Eleanor?
10. What is Philip's next step regarding Eleanor?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)