1. The story begins in this year.
2. The story takes place in this city.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Where was the young woman standing when approached by the strange man?
(a) Clothing store.
4. What item of clothing does the woman don to protect her from the rain?
(d) Rain coat.
5. What type of store is mentioned in the beginning of chapter 2?
6. Who visits the store?
7. What is the woman's last name?
8. What is the name of the store owner?
9. What color is the square of velvet?
10. What does the man offer to sell to the store?
(b) Enamel box.
11. What picture appears on the item?
12. What second item catches the woman's eye?
(b) Letter opener.
This section contains 2,154 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)