• A young woman stands in the rain.
• The reader is introduced to Rosemary, a wealthy woman.
• Rosemary shops at an antique store.
• Rosemary buys flowers.
• Rosemary meets Eleanor.
• Eleanor asks for money for tea.
• Rosemary invites Eleanor to her home.
• Rosemary and Eleanor go to Rosemary's house.
• Gertrude brings tea and sandwiches.
• Jane Howard arrives.
• Philip arrives.
• Both Jane and Philip question Rosemary's choice to invite Eleanor to the house.
• Eleanor leaves.
• Jane runs after Eleanor.
• Jane tells Eleanor that her friend Dora will give her a job.
• Eleanor is ambivalent about the offer.
• Eleanor applies for a job and is hired.
• Eleanor finds a place to live.
• Eleanor meets Josie.
• Philip tells Rosemary that the war will soon take him overseas.
• Rosemary visits with her father.
• Rosemary and Philip's wedding is moved forward.
• Philip will be deployed two days after the wedding.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)