|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alviarin do to Elaida?
2. What does Nynaeve refuse to do initially concerning Mat?
3. Why is Nynaeve angry after hearing about the warder?
4. Where does Perrin go to through a doorway?
5. What does Reanne tell Elayne about the Bowl of Winds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nynaeve and Lan's first interaction since he arrived in Ebou Dou.
2. What does Elayne tell the women in the Circle that causes much emotion?
3. What does Lady Suroth want and what are Morgase's thoughts about the request?
4. Whom does Mat find in his room and whom does he realize the person is?
5. What does Beslan say to Mat about Beslan's mother, Tylin, and how does Mat feel about what Beslan says?
6. Describe Moghedien's visit to the Pit of Doom.
7. Where does Anan take Elayne and Nynaeve and what does Anan do on the way?
8. What does Birgitte say to Mat when he asks how she got there?
9. What is one way Tylin forces Mat to accede to her will?
10. What happens as Nynaeve is on a boat to go meet with the Sea Folk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the Forsaken appear in "A Crown of Swords". Discuss the following:
1. Who are the Forsaken and what do you think is their role in the Wheel of Time series (you should be able to figure this out through what is said in "A Crown of Swords").
2. Compare/contrast the Forsaken with those in power that are supposedly on the "good" side--such as the Aes Sedai, the Whitecloaks and some Aiel.
3. Discuss the implications of Nynaeve being able to capture Moghedien and Rand having Asmodean to heel.
Essay Topic 2
Wise Ones of the Aiel are similar to Aes Sedai in that they are able to wield the One Power. Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Wise Ones to Aes Sedai.
2. Would you rather join the ranks of the Wise Ones or Aes Sedai if you knew you could channel? Explain fully.
3. Not all Wise Ones are bad, nor are all Aes Sedai good. What are the increased dangers of those who can channel being Darkfriends versus just normal human beings? Why do you think there are more black Ajah than Wise Ones who have gone over to the Dark Lord?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in "A Crown of Swords".
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of "A Crown of Swords". How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of "A Crown of Swords". How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)