|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the husband of the woman in #149 die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(d) Heart attack.
2. Where does Hattie say she is going as she leaves Nana's house?
(a) The movies.
(b) The ice cream shop.
(c) The carnival.
(d) The swimming pond.
3. What does Hattie tell Nana the day before Adam's funeral?
(a) She feels guilty about Adam's death.
(b) She blames Nana for Adam's death.
(c) No one can make her go to the funeral.
(d) She wants to speak at the funeral.
4. Why does Nana chastise Adam at Hattie's family birthday party?
(a) He grabs the rose off the cake.
(b) He eats all the nuts.
(c) He pops some of the balloons.
(d) He puts his hand in the punch bowl.
5. What house rule did Angel violate?
(a) She didn't pay her rent.
(b) She played her stereo too loud.
(c) She didn't clean up the kitchen.
(d) She had her boyfriend in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mom's answer when Hattie asks her why they never had any more children after Hattie?
2. What is the name of the town where Hattie lives?
3. Which of the following does the girl taking tickets at the ride in #101 NOT say to the Owens?
4. Who is the girl taking tickets for the Ferris Wheel?
5. What does Nana blame for Hattie's behavior in not asking permission to take Adam to the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
2. Who is Leila and how does Hattie meet her?
3. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
4. What are the obvious and not so obvious reasons Adam may have killed himself?
5. What does Hattie think about Adam's thoughts on her "corner of the universe"?
6. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
7. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
8. What traumatic experience does Adam have at the boardinghouse when he bursts into Angel's room?
9. What is Hattie's reaction when she learns that Adam committed suicide?
10. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)