|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is it in Chapter 11?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. At the funeral, Hattie says that being called a freak and other names _____________________.
(a) was something Adam was used to.
(b) drove Adam to kill himself.
(c) made it hard to be Adam.
(d) never really bothered Adam.
3. What does Adam seem to forget about Angel every day?
(a) That she has a job and is gone during the day.
(b) That she is always kind to him.
(c) That she already has a boyfriend.
(d) That she does not like him.
4. How does Nana summon Ermaline when Nana is seated in the dining room?
(a) Nana presses a small buzzer with her foot.
(b) Nana rings a bell.
(c) Nana knocks on the kitchen door.
(d) Nana calls for her.
5. What does Adam see when he bursts into Angel's room?
(a) Angel drying off after a bath.
(b) Angel fixing her hair.
(c) Angel and her boyfriend partially undressed.
(d) Angel putting on her nightgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hattie want to blame for Adam's suicide?
2. What does Hattie tell Nana the day before Adam's funeral?
3. What color dress does Hattie wear to Adam's funeral?
4. Where does Hattie say she is going as she leaves Nana's house?
5. What does Dad want to know from Hattie when he and Papa arrive at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
2. What perspective does Leila give Hattie about sideshow performers?
3. After seeing Nancy and Janet laughing at Adam dancing at the bandstand, what burning question enters Hattie's head about his illness?
4. Why did Hattie have good intentions in wanting to take Adam to the carnival and what does she come to realize about her methods?
5. How is Adam restrained at the carnival and what reason does Hattie give to Dad about not asking permission for Adam to go to the carnival?
6. Why does Hattie think that she was not a good friend to Leila?
7. What is Hattie's reaction when she learns that Adam committed suicide?
8. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
9. How does Adam disrupt lunch by abusing the buzzer and creating a scene?
10. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)