|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hattie and Leila have for lunch at the carnival?
(a) French fries.
(d) Hot dogs.
2. Who is Mom's brother?
3. What parade passes by Hattie's house in Chapter 9?
(a) The Fourth of July Parade.
(b) The Christmas Parade.
(c) The County Fair Parade.
(d) Fred Carmel's Funtime Carnival Parade.
4. What does Nana show Hattie in Adam's bedroom?
(a) A box of letters and photos.
(b) His trophies.
(c) His comic books.
(d) His posters.
5. Why does Hattie not go into the sideshow when she goes to the carnival another day?
(a) Because she has to get home in time for dinner.
(b) Because she does not have the money.
(c) Because she remembers Nancy calling Adam a freak.
(d) Because she is afraid to go in alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Ferris Wheel is fixed and Hattie, Leila and Adam are safely on the ground?
2. Why does Nana order Adam to leave the dining room?
3. What does Adam say he is planning with Leila?
4. What holiday is it in Chapter 11?
5. What does Dad want to know from Hattie when he and Papa arrive at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Adam chastised at Hattie's birthday party at Nana's house?
2. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
3. After seeing Nancy and Janet laughing at Adam dancing at the bandstand, what burning question enters Hattie's head about his illness?
4. What are the obvious and not so obvious reasons Adam may have killed himself?
5. Why are Hattie and Angel frightened by Adam's demeanor one day when he sees Angel getting out of her boyfriend's car?
6. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she learns that a carnival is coming to town?
7. What does Hattie learn about her family that shows that they don't really talk to each other?
8. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
9. What does Hattie think about Adam's thoughts on her "corner of the universe"?
10. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)