|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nana order Adam to leave the dining room?
(a) Because he started to mimic everything she said.
(b) Because he was finished with his meal.
(c) Because he would not stop burping.
(d) Because he tried to trip Ermaline.
2. What house rule did Angel violate?
(a) She didn't clean up the kitchen.
(b) She had her boyfriend in her room.
(c) She played her stereo too loud.
(d) She didn't pay her rent.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the acts featured at the carnival?
(a) Bearded Lady.
(b) Ape Man.
(c) Man of a Thousand Tattoos.
(d) Pretzel Woman.
4. With all the people out looking for him, where is Adam eventually found?
(a) He was at the carnival.
(b) He was dancing near the band stand.
(c) He was sleeping in the park.
(d) He hanged himself in the shed.
5. What ride does Adam want to ride that night at the carnival?
(a) The Terminator.
(b) The Merry-Go-Round.
(c) The bumper cars.
(d) The Ferris Wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, Hattie says that being called a freak and other names _____________________.
2. How does Hattie feel after viewing the sideshows?
3. What does Nana blame for Hattie's behavior in not asking permission to take Adam to the carnival?
4. Which ride does Adam want to watch?
5. What does Hattie eventually realize about Adam's hysterics at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
2. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
3. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
4. What is Hattie's reaction when she learns that Adam committed suicide?
5. What is Mom's explanation when Hattie asks why she never had any other children?
6. Why are Hattie and Angel frightened by Adam's demeanor one day when he sees Angel getting out of her boyfriend's car?
7. Who are the Strowskys, and how does Hattie meet them?
8. How is Adam restrained at the carnival and what reason does Hattie give to Dad about not asking permission for Adam to go to the carnival?
9. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she has actually seen them?
10. How does Adam react on the Ferris Wheel ride?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)