|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries does Hattie have about Adam's illness?
(a) If he was born that way.
(b) If it can be transmitted.
(c) If he could have ever gotten better.
(d) If it can be inherited.
2. Why does Nana order Adam to leave the dining room?
(a) Because he would not stop burping.
(b) Because he started to mimic everything she said.
(c) Because he tried to trip Ermaline.
(d) Because he was finished with his meal.
3. What ride does Adam want to ride that night at the carnival?
(a) The Ferris Wheel.
(b) The bumper cars.
(c) The Terminator.
(d) The Merry-Go-Round.
4. Which ride does Adam want to watch?
(a) The Ferris Wheel.
(b) The Scrambler.
(c) The Tilt-a-Whirl.
(d) The rollercoaster.
5. What does Adam see when he bursts into Angel's room?
(a) Angel putting on her nightgown.
(b) Angel and her boyfriend partially undressed.
(c) Angel drying off after a bath.
(d) Angel fixing her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the acts featured at the carnival?
3. What is Mom's answer when Hattie asks her why they never had any more children after Hattie?
4. What parade passes by Hattie's house in Chapter 9?
5. What is Adam carrying when he comes to the boardinghouse to see Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
2. How does Adam react on the Ferris Wheel ride?
3. How is Adam restrained at the carnival and what reason does Hattie give to Dad about not asking permission for Adam to go to the carnival?
4. How does Hattie include Adam in the plans for the evening of Nana and Papa's dinner party?
5. Who is Leila and how does Hattie meet her?
6. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
7. Why are Hattie and Angel frightened by Adam's demeanor one day when he sees Angel getting out of her boyfriend's car?
8. How does Hattie feel about Cookie and in what way does Cookie not understand Hattie?
9. What traumatic experience does Adam have at the boardinghouse when he bursts into Angel's room?
10. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)