|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam seem to forget about Angel every day?
(a) That she does not like him.
(b) That she is always kind to him.
(c) That she has a job and is gone during the day.
(d) That she already has a boyfriend.
2. Which ride does Adam want to watch?
(a) The Scrambler.
(b) The Tilt-a-Whirl.
(c) The rollercoaster.
(d) The Ferris Wheel.
3. Why does Hattie not go into the sideshow when she goes to the carnival another day?
(a) Because she has to get home in time for dinner.
(b) Because she remembers Nancy calling Adam a freak.
(c) Because she does not have the money.
(d) Because she is afraid to go in alone.
4. What does Nana blame for Hattie's behavior in not asking permission to take Adam to the carnival?
5. Who is the brother of the girl in #151?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the acts featured at the carnival?
3. Hattie is conflicted because the day Adam has planned for her birthday party is the same day as _________________.
4. What does Hattie think that a "corner of the universe" means?
5. Which of the following does Leila NOT tell Hattie about why Leila's mother's job does not bother her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie learn about her family that shows that they don't really talk to each other?
2. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she learns that a carnival is coming to town?
3. Who is Leila and how does Hattie meet her?
4. What are the obvious and not so obvious reasons Adam may have killed himself?
5. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
6. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
7. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
8. After seeing Nancy and Janet laughing at Adam dancing at the bandstand, what burning question enters Hattie's head about his illness?
9. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
10. Who does Nana blame for the bad night at the carnival?
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)