|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam see when he bursts into Angel's room?
(a) Angel and her boyfriend partially undressed.
(b) Angel fixing her hair.
(c) Angel drying off after a bath.
(d) Angel putting on her nightgown.
2. Which of the following is NOT someone who becomes the trio of good friends?
3. Why does Hattie not go into the sideshow when she goes to the carnival another day?
(a) Because she is afraid to go in alone.
(b) Because she remembers Nancy calling Adam a freak.
(c) Because she does not have the money.
(d) Because she has to get home in time for dinner.
4. Why do Mrs. Strowsky and her children move out of the boardinghouse?
(a) She found a job.
(b) It was too chaotic.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) There was not enough room.
5. What is Mom's answer when Hattie asks her why they never had any more children after Hattie?
(a) Because she was unable to get pregnant again.
(b) Because Mom had a nervous breakdown.
(c) Because they could only afford one.
(d) Because Hattie was perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie wonder about Adam's condition?
2. The man who owns the carnival is the _____________ of the girl in #105.
3. With all the people out looking for him, where is Adam eventually found?
4. How often do Nana and Papa give a dinner party?
5. What color dress does Hattie wear to Adam's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Strowskys, and how does Hattie meet them?
2. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
3. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she learns that a carnival is coming to town?
4. How does Hattie include Adam in the plans for the evening of Nana and Papa's dinner party?
5. How does Hattie feel about Cookie and in what way does Cookie not understand Hattie?
6. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
7. Who does Nana blame for the bad night at the carnival?
8. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
9. Why did Hattie have good intentions in wanting to take Adam to the carnival and what does she come to realize about her methods?
10. What does Hattie think about Adam's thoughts on her "corner of the universe"?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)