|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mom say that she did not visit Adam too much?
(a) Because it would upset him.
(b) Because she had a business to run.
(c) Because he never recognized her.
(d) Because it was too far to travel.
2. Why does Hattie decide not to invite Adam to go to the carnival?
(a) She knows he is taking a nap.
(b) She isn't sure she can manage him.
(c) She would be too embarrassed.
(d) She learns that he is at the carnival already.
3. Who is the girl taking tickets for the Ferris Wheel?
4. Hattie admits that she was so enamored with the carnival that ________________________.
(a) she wanted Adam to like it too.
(b) she spent way too much money there.
(c) she didn't consider what Leila might have wanted to do.
(d) she spent too much time there.
5. What is Cookie's real name?
(a) Rae Bowman.
(b) Raye Bennett.
(c) Reagan Bilson.
(d) Regina Bowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hattie and Leila have for lunch at the carnival?
2. What holiday is it in Chapter 11?
3. How did the husband of the woman in #149 die?
4. Where had Adam been hiding before he jumped out at Hattie and Angel?
5. How does Nana summon Ermaline when Nana is seated in the dining room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
2. What perspective does Leila give Hattie about sideshow performers?
3. What are the obvious and not so obvious reasons Adam may have killed himself?
4. What does Hattie learn about her family that shows that they don't really talk to each other?
5. How does Hattie include Adam in the plans for the evening of Nana and Papa's dinner party?
6. How does Adam disrupt lunch by abusing the buzzer and creating a scene?
7. Why does Hattie think that she was not a good friend to Leila?
8. After seeing Nancy and Janet laughing at Adam dancing at the bandstand, what burning question enters Hattie's head about his illness?
9. How does Adam react on the Ferris Wheel ride?
10. Why are Hattie and Angel frightened by Adam's demeanor one day when he sees Angel getting out of her boyfriend's car?
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)