|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Ferris Wheel is fixed and Hattie, Leila and Adam are safely on the ground?
(a) Adam wants to go home immediately.
(b) Ambulance attendants put Adam in a straight-jacket and take him away.
(c) Adam wants to get a hot dog and cotton candy.
(d) Adam lies on the ground and sobs.
2. Why does Hattie go to the park to cry?
(a) Nana said she needs to be grounded.
(b) Adam had yelled at her.
(c) Betsy won't be coming back after vacation.
(d) Leila and her family have left town.
3. Why does Hattie think her parents never had more children?
(a) They were afraid something would go wrong.
(b) They always wanted an only child.
(c) Money was too tight to have more than one.
(d) They would be cut out of Nana's will if they had more.
4. What does Adam seem to forget about Angel every day?
(a) That she does not like him.
(b) That she is always kind to him.
(c) That she has a job and is gone during the day.
(d) That she already has a boyfriend.
5. What color dress does Hattie wear to Adam's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Leila make to Adam and Hattie?
2. What does Adam do when Dad begins to take pictures?
3. Which of the following does Leila NOT tell Hattie about why Leila's mother's job does not bother her?
4. Where does Hattie say she is going as she leaves Nana's house?
5. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Adam restrained at the carnival and what reason does Hattie give to Dad about not asking permission for Adam to go to the carnival?
2. Why is Adam chastised at Hattie's birthday party at Nana's house?
3. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
4. What does Hattie learn about her family that shows that they don't really talk to each other?
5. What is Hattie's reaction when she learns that Adam committed suicide?
6. Why does Hattie think that she was not a good friend to Leila?
7. What traumatic experience does Adam have at the boardinghouse when he bursts into Angel's room?
8. How does Adam disrupt lunch by abusing the buzzer and creating a scene?
9. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
10. What conflict does Hattie have with Adam and Leila's birthday party plans for her and why does Nana eventually agree to let the party proceed?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)