|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hattie afraid to ask her mother?
(a) If she was afraid her own child might be like Adam.
(b) If she can travel with Leila this Summer.
(c) If she could go to a movie with a boy.
(d) If she can wear make-up to school.
2. Why does Hattie decide not to invite Adam to go to the carnival?
(a) She isn't sure she can manage him.
(b) She would be too embarrassed.
(c) She knows he is taking a nap.
(d) She learns that he is at the carnival already.
3. Why do Mrs. Strowsky and her children move out of the boardinghouse?
(a) It was too chaotic.
(b) There was not enough room.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) She found a job.
4. What does Adam see when he bursts into Angel's room?
(a) Angel fixing her hair.
(b) Angel and her boyfriend partially undressed.
(c) Angel drying off after a bath.
(d) Angel putting on her nightgown.
5. What does Hattie think that a "corner of the universe" means?
(a) A title of a book.
(b) A new Jazz album.
(c) The importance of space flights.
(d) Exploration of one's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nana chastise Adam at Hattie's family birthday party?
2. What is the name of the town where Hattie lives?
3. What does Nana show Hattie in Adam's bedroom?
4. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Nana order Adam to leave the dining room?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)