|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the funeral, Hattie says that being called a freak and other names _____________________.
(a) was something Adam was used to.
(b) drove Adam to kill himself.
(c) never really bothered Adam.
(d) made it hard to be Adam.
2. Why does Hattie not go into the sideshow when she goes to the carnival another day?
(a) Because she does not have the money.
(b) Because she remembers Nancy calling Adam a freak.
(c) Because she has to get home in time for dinner.
(d) Because she is afraid to go in alone.
3. Hattie admits that she was so enamored with the carnival that ________________________.
(a) she spent too much time there.
(b) she wanted Adam to like it too.
(c) she spent way too much money there.
(d) she didn't consider what Leila might have wanted to do.
4. Hattie tells her parents that it bothers her that they don't talk about ____________________.
(b) important things.
5. What does Hattie tell Nana the day before Adam's funeral?
(a) She wants to speak at the funeral.
(b) She feels guilty about Adam's death.
(c) No one can make her go to the funeral.
(d) She blames Nana for Adam's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do Nana and Papa give a dinner party?
2. Why does Mom say that she did not visit Adam too much?
3. What house rule did Angel violate?
4. What is Cookie's real name?
5. Why does Nana chastise Adam at Hattie's family birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie think about Adam's thoughts on her "corner of the universe"?
2. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she learns that a carnival is coming to town?
3. How does Hattie include Adam in the plans for the evening of Nana and Papa's dinner party?
4. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
5. How does Adam react on the Ferris Wheel ride?
6. Who does Nana blame for the bad night at the carnival?
7. Why does Hattie think that she was not a good friend to Leila?
8. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
9. Who are the Strowskys, and how does Hattie meet them?
10. What are the obvious and not so obvious reasons Adam may have killed himself?
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)