|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hattie and Leila have for lunch at the carnival?
(c) Hot dogs.
(d) French fries.
2. What does Hattie wonder about Adam's condition?
(a) If he can ever live like an adult.
(b) If he is a genius.
(c) If he was injured in some way.
(d) If it runs in families.
3. Which of the following does Leila NOT tell Hattie about why Leila's mother's job does not bother her?
(a) Carnival entertainers have honed a talent.
(b) It is all she has ever known.
(c) Sideshow people wear a lot of make-up.
(d) Sideshow people wear costumew.
4. What does Hattie see Angel doing when she returns home one day?
(a) Sunning in the backyard.
(b) Getting out of a convertible.
(c) Hanging streamers and balloons.
(d) Ironing a dress.
5. New boarders in the boardinghouse are Barbara _____________ and her two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nana chastise Adam during dinner?
2. How is Hattie's family different from other families attending the festival?
3. What does Hattie tell Nana the day before Adam's funeral?
4. What does Nana show Hattie in Adam's bedroom?
5. What does Adam say he is planning with Leila?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adam disrupt lunch by abusing the buzzer and creating a scene?
2. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
3. What is Hattie's reaction when she learns that Adam committed suicide?
4. What are the obvious and not so obvious reasons Adam may have killed himself?
5. How does Adam react on the Ferris Wheel ride?
6. What does Hattie learn about her family that shows that they don't really talk to each other?
7. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
8. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
9. What traumatic experience does Adam have at the boardinghouse when he bursts into Angel's room?
10. Who is Leila and how does Hattie meet her?
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)