|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nana ask Hattie to help her do one day?
(a) Polish the silver.
(b) Plant geraniums.
(c) Clean out Adam's room.
(d) Plan a party.
2. What does Adam yell when he is dancing near the bandstand?
(b) Shake it baby.
(c) Uh-huh, uh-huh.
3. What is the name of the town where Hattie lives?
4. What does Hattie see Angel doing when she returns home one day?
(a) Hanging streamers and balloons.
(b) Getting out of a convertible.
(c) Sunning in the backyard.
(d) Ironing a dress.
5. Where does Hattie ask if she can take Adam when Adam realizes that Angel is not home one day?
(a) To the carnival.
(b) To the amusement park.
(c) To the ice cream shop.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
2. What is Adam carrying when he comes to the boardinghouse to see Angel?
3. What color dress does Hattie wear to Adam's funeral?
4. Why does Hattie agree to sneak out of the house during Nana and Papa's dinner party?
5. What does Nana blame for Hattie's behavior in not asking permission to take Adam to the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she learns that a carnival is coming to town?
2. Who is Leila and how does Hattie meet her?
3. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
4. How is Adam restrained at the carnival and what reason does Hattie give to Dad about not asking permission for Adam to go to the carnival?
5. Who are the Strowskys, and how does Hattie meet them?
6. How does Hattie feel about Cookie and in what way does Cookie not understand Hattie?
7. What perspective does Leila give Hattie about sideshow performers?
8. How does Adam react on the Ferris Wheel ride?
9. Why does Hattie think that she was not a good friend to Leila?
10. After seeing Nancy and Janet laughing at Adam dancing at the bandstand, what burning question enters Hattie's head about his illness?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)