|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hattie see Angel doing when she returns home one day?
(a) Getting out of a convertible.
(b) Ironing a dress.
(c) Hanging streamers and balloons.
(d) Sunning in the backyard.
2. Why does Adam not eat the dessert the rest of the family is having?
(a) He is too excited to eat.
(b) He wants ice cream from the ice cream truck.
(c) He does not like raspberries.
(d) He is too full for dessert.
3. What does Nana show Hattie in Adam's bedroom?
(a) A box of letters and photos.
(b) His trophies.
(c) His posters.
(d) His comic books.
4. The man who owns the carnival is the _____________ of the girl in #105.
5. How does Nana summon Ermaline when Nana is seated in the dining room?
(a) Nana rings a bell.
(b) Nana calls for her.
(c) Nana knocks on the kitchen door.
(d) Nana presses a small buzzer with her foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ride does Adam want to ride that night at the carnival?
2. Adam wins a ______________ at the carnival but Nana takes it away from him.
3. At the funeral, Hattie says that being called a freak and other names _____________________.
4. What does Adam seem to forget about Angel every day?
5. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie learn about her family that shows that they don't really talk to each other?
2. How does Hattie feel about Cookie and in what way does Cookie not understand Hattie?
3. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she has actually seen them?
4. What plans does Hattie make for the night of her Nana and Papa's dinner party?
5. Who is Leila and how does Hattie meet her?
6. What conflict does Hattie have with Adam and Leila's birthday party plans for her and why does Nana eventually agree to let the party proceed?
7. What perspective does Leila give Hattie about sideshow performers?
8. What is Mom's explanation when Hattie asks why she never had any other children?
9. How does Hattie show empathy when she decides not to view the sideshows at the carnival again?
10. Describe Adam's day at the carnival with Hattie and Leila.
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)