|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hattie admit to herself about Leila?
(a) She wasn't a very good friend to her.
(b) She was kinder to Adam than she was.
(c) She was just using her to get free rides.
(d) She is glad she has moved on with the carnival.
2. What holiday is it in Chapter 11?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
3. Which of the following is NOT someone who becomes the trio of good friends?
4. What does Adam give Hattie on her birthday?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A book.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A small wooden box.
5. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
(a) For a Garden Club meeting.
(b) For a girl's lunch.
(c) For a book club meeting.
(d) For a formal tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hattie and Leila have for lunch at the carnival?
2. What does Adam yell when he is dancing near the bandstand?
3. What does Adam see when he bursts into Angel's room?
4. What does Adam say he is planning with Leila?
5. What does Leila say when Hattie tells her that she doesn't have any more money to ride the Ferris Wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hattie include Adam in the plans for the evening of Nana and Papa's dinner party?
2. After seeing Nancy and Janet laughing at Adam dancing at the bandstand, what burning question enters Hattie's head about his illness?
3. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she has actually seen them?
4. Who does Nana blame for the bad night at the carnival?
5. What traumatic experience does Adam have at the boardinghouse when he bursts into Angel's room?
6. What does Hattie explain about the ways friends can come into your life?
7. How does Hattie effectively point out the bad manners of a family which stares at Adam at the Fourth of July festival?
8. What does Hattie think about the sideshow acts when she learns that a carnival is coming to town?
9. What is Hattie's reaction when she learns that Adam committed suicide?
10. How does Adam disrupt lunch by abusing the buzzer and creating a scene?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)