|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What house rule did Angel violate?
(a) She played her stereo too loud.
(b) She had her boyfriend in her room.
(c) She didn't pay her rent.
(d) She didn't clean up the kitchen.
2. How is Hattie's family different from other families attending the festival?
(a) They own the park where the celebration takes place.
(b) They are selected to ride in the parade.
(c) They paid for the fireworks display.
(d) They eat off real plates instead of paper ones.
3. What is Adam carrying when he comes to the boardinghouse to see Angel?
4. What does Adam seem to forget about Angel every day?
(a) That she has a job and is gone during the day.
(b) That she already has a boyfriend.
(c) That she does not like him.
(d) That she is always kind to him.
5. Why does Hattie decide not to invite Adam to go to the carnival?
(a) She isn't sure she can manage him.
(b) She learns that he is at the carnival already.
(c) She knows he is taking a nap.
(d) She would be too embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie think that a "corner of the universe" means?
2. What does Adam say he is planning with Leila?
3. Where does Hattie want to go instead of staying home while her parents are at Nana and Papa's dinner party?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the acts featured at the carnival?
5. What does Dad want to know from Hattie when he and Papa arrive at the carnival?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)