|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adam doing when Hattie first meets him?
(a) Drinking a soda.
(b) Talking very fast.
(c) Clenching his fists.
(d) Hiding his face.
2. Hattie's mother says that Hattie should be more ________________.
3. At what event does Hattie make Adam smile in the film?
(a) Fourth of July picnic.
(b) Christmas dinner.
(c) Birthday party.
(d) Halloween party.
4. Whose picture is in the frames on Miss Hagerty's dresser?
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her students.
(d) Her grandchildren.
5. Who is Adam?
(a) Hattie's boyfriend.
(b) Hattie's uncle.
(c) Hattie's brother.
(d) Hattie's godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie call her maternal grandmother?
2. Why does Hattie wake so early on the first day of Summer vacation?
3. How old is Hattie as the story begins?
4. Why is Adam sad when Nancy and Janet run away?
5. Where does Hattie's paternal grandmother live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What grandmotherly figures does Hattie have in her life?
2. Why does Nana have the perspective that she does regarding her daughter's family?
3. What ominous statement does Hattie overhear Nana saying when Hattie gets home?
4. Explain why Adam has a difficult time maintaining his composure during dinner.
5. What does Hattie mean when she says "before Adam" or "after Adam"?
6. How does Adam's recollection of Hattie's birthday serve as foreshadowing in the story?
7. Who is Betsy McGruder, and why does Hattie go to her house on this morning?
8. What are Hattie's first impressions of Adam?
9. What does Hattie mean when she says she hates her porch and what is Adam's perspective on her feelings?
10. Why does Dad's being an artist put a strain on Hattie's relationship with Nana?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)