|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT someone who becomes the trio of good friends?
2. How does Adam's death affect Papa?
(a) He cries at work.
(b) He walks the streets at night.
(c) He cannot go to work.
(d) He cannot sleep.
3. Where does Hattie ask if she can take Adam when Adam realizes that Angel is not home one day?
(a) To the ice cream shop.
(b) To the carnival.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the amusement park.
4. Where do Hattie, Mom and Dad go at the end of the book?
(d) Swimming pool.
5. What does Hattie tell Nana the day before Adam's funeral?
(a) No one can make her go to the funeral.
(b) She wants to speak at the funeral.
(c) She feels guilty about Adam's death.
(d) She blames Nana for Adam's death.
6. Why does Mom say that she did not visit Adam too much?
(a) Because it was too far to travel.
(b) Because he never recognized her.
(c) Because she had a business to run.
(d) Because it would upset him.
7. What does Nana blame for Hattie's behavior in not asking permission to take Adam to the carnival?
8. Who is the girl taking tickets for the Ferris Wheel?
9. What parade passes by Hattie's house in Chapter 9?
(a) Fred Carmel's Funtime Carnival Parade.
(b) The Fourth of July Parade.
(c) The Christmas Parade.
(d) The County Fair Parade.
10. New boarders in the boardinghouse are Barbara _____________ and her two children.
11. How does Nana summon Ermaline when Nana is seated in the dining room?
(a) Nana calls for her.
(b) Nana knocks on the kitchen door.
(c) Nana rings a bell.
(d) Nana presses a small buzzer with her foot.
12. What grade will Hattie be entering next year?
13. Who is Mom's brother?
14. Why does Nana chastise Adam at Hattie's family birthday party?
(a) He pops some of the balloons.
(b) He eats all the nuts.
(c) He puts his hand in the punch bowl.
(d) He grabs the rose off the cake.
15. How does Hattie know that Adam has not been to the carnival yet?
(a) Nana calls to ask if she will take him.
(b) Angel says she turned down his invitation to go.
(c) Leila says she would like to meet him.
(d) He calls and leaves a message for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is it in Chapter 11?
2. Who did Hattie want to blame for Adam's suicide?
3. Adam wins a ______________ at the carnival but Nana takes it away from him.
4. Hattie is conflicted because the day Adam has planned for her birthday party is the same day as _________________.
5. How often do Nana and Papa give a dinner party?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)