|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hattie not go into the sideshow when she goes to the carnival another day?
(a) Because she has to get home in time for dinner.
(b) Because she remembers Nancy calling Adam a freak.
(c) Because she is afraid to go in alone.
(d) Because she does not have the money.
2. Who is the brother of the girl in #151?
3. Why do Mrs. Strowsky and her children move out of the boardinghouse?
(a) There was not enough room.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) She found a job.
(d) It was too chaotic.
4. Why does Adam not eat the dessert the rest of the family is having?
(a) He does not like raspberries.
(b) He is too full for dessert.
(c) He is too excited to eat.
(d) He wants ice cream from the ice cream truck.
5. What does Hattie wonder about Adam's condition?
(a) If he was injured in some way.
(b) If it runs in families.
(c) If he is a genius.
(d) If he can ever live like an adult.
6. Where does Hattie ask if she can take Adam when Adam realizes that Angel is not home one day?
(a) To the ice cream shop.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the amusement park.
(d) To the carnival.
7. What does Adam see when he bursts into Angel's room?
(a) Angel fixing her hair.
(b) Angel drying off after a bath.
(c) Angel putting on her nightgown.
(d) Angel and her boyfriend partially undressed.
8. What does Nana ask Hattie to help her do one day?
(a) Plan a party.
(b) Polish the silver.
(c) Clean out Adam's room.
(d) Plant geraniums.
9. What does Adam give Hattie on her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A small wooden box.
10. Why does Nana chastise Adam during dinner?
(a) He talked with his mouth full.
(b) He ate with his hands.
(c) He did not use his napkin.
(d) He pressed the buzzer repeatedly.
11. What does Hattie see Angel doing when she returns home one day?
(a) Getting out of a convertible.
(b) Sunning in the backyard.
(c) Hanging streamers and balloons.
(d) Ironing a dress.
12. How did the husband of the woman in #149 die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(d) Car accident.
13. What worries does Hattie have about Adam's illness?
(a) If he was born that way.
(b) If it can be inherited.
(c) If he could have ever gotten better.
(d) If it can be transmitted.
14. What happens when the Ferris Wheel is fixed and Hattie, Leila and Adam are safely on the ground?
(a) Ambulance attendants put Adam in a straight-jacket and take him away.
(b) Adam lies on the ground and sobs.
(c) Adam wants to get a hot dog and cotton candy.
(d) Adam wants to go home immediately.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the acts featured at the carnival?
(a) Man of a Thousand Tattoos.
(b) Bearded Lady.
(c) Ape Man.
(d) Pretzel Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Hattie say she is going as she leaves Nana's house?
3. How often do Nana and Papa give a dinner party?
4. What does Hattie admit to herself about Leila?
5. How does Adam's death affect Papa?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)