|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the acts featured at the carnival?
(a) Pretzel Woman.
(b) Ape Man.
(c) Bearded Lady.
(d) Man of a Thousand Tattoos.
2. What does Nana show Hattie in Adam's bedroom?
(a) His posters.
(b) A box of letters and photos.
(c) His comic books.
(d) His trophies.
3. How did the husband of the woman in #149 die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
4. What color dress does Hattie wear to Adam's funeral?
5. What parade passes by Hattie's house in Chapter 9?
(a) Fred Carmel's Funtime Carnival Parade.
(b) The County Fair Parade.
(c) The Fourth of July Parade.
(d) The Christmas Parade.
6. What offer does Leila make to Adam and Hattie?
(a) She will take them backstage at the sideshow booths.
(b) They can ride for half price.
(c) She will buy their tickets for the rides.
(d) They can ride for free.
7. What is the name of the town where Hattie lives?
8. What is Cookie's real name?
(a) Rae Bowman.
(b) Regina Bowers.
(c) Raye Bennett.
(d) Reagan Bilson.
9. Hattie tells her parents that it bothers her that they don't talk about ____________________.
(b) important things.
10. What happens when the Ferris Wheel is fixed and Hattie, Leila and Adam are safely on the ground?
(a) Adam wants to get a hot dog and cotton candy.
(b) Adam lies on the ground and sobs.
(c) Ambulance attendants put Adam in a straight-jacket and take him away.
(d) Adam wants to go home immediately.
11. Which of the following does Leila NOT tell Hattie about why Leila's mother's job does not bother her?
(a) Sideshow people wear a lot of make-up.
(b) Carnival entertainers have honed a talent.
(c) Sideshow people wear costumew.
(d) It is all she has ever known.
12. Why do Hattie and Mom go to Nana's house in Chapter 14?
(a) For a Garden Club meeting.
(b) For a book club meeting.
(c) For a formal tea.
(d) For a girl's lunch.
13. Hattie is conflicted because the day Adam has planned for her birthday party is the same day as _________________.
(a) The Summer Cotillion.
(b) Bible School.
(c) The Honor Society Picnic.
(d) The Book Fair.
14. Why does Mom say that she did not visit Adam too much?
(a) Because it would upset him.
(b) Because she had a business to run.
(c) Because it was too far to travel.
(d) Because he never recognized her.
15. Why does Hattie decide not to invite Adam to go to the carnival?
(a) She isn't sure she can manage him.
(b) She knows he is taking a nap.
(c) She learns that he is at the carnival already.
(d) She would be too embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Ferris Wheel has a mechanical problem and Hattie, Leila and Adam are stuck near the top?
2. How does Leila get her education?
3. What does Adam do when Dad begins to take pictures?
4. What house rule did Angel violate?
5. What grade will Hattie be entering next year?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)