|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Adam's presence in her life so difficult for Nana?
(a) She is too old to care for him.
(b) She feels guilty for his disability.
(c) He can't conform.
(d) He is not her birth child.
2. Where does Hattie's paternal grandmother live?
3. The cook compliments Hattie by telling her that she is __________________.
4. Adam tells Hattie that she is the type of person who can _______________________.
(a) see the stars in people's eyes.
(b) fly to the moon one day.
(c) hang the moon and the stars.
(d) lift the corner of the universe.
5. Adam tells Hattie to give him any date and he can tell her _______________________.
(a) who was born on that day.
(b) what day of the week it was.
(c) which famous people were born on that day.
(d) what the weather was like on that day.
6. What type of business does Papa own?
(d) Auto dealership.
7. What does Hattie do when Adam decides to go home?
(a) She asks him to stay.
(b) She asks her mother to drive him home.
(c) She follows him home.
(d) She asks her father to walk him home.
8. Adam and Hattie equate their feelings of not belonging as being __________________.
9. What does Hattie do in the home movie that makes Adam laugh?
(a) She burps.
(b) She tells a joke.
(c) She wears a clown costume.
(d) She walks on her hands.
10. What is the Summer evening tradition at the boardinghouse?
(a) Drive-in theater and snacks.
(b) Movies and fudge.
(c) Movies and popcorn.
(d) Lemonade and cookies.
11. Why does Nana not want Adam to share his curious ability?
(a) It is embarrassing.
(b) It is trite.
(c) It is too childlike.
(d) It seems like he is showing off.
12. What part of her house does Hattie hate?
(a) The attic.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The porch.
(d) Her bedroom
13. One morning, Hattie sees Adam walking down the street dressed only in ___________________.
(b) pajama bottoms.
(c) a shirt.
(d) swim trunks.
14. What is Hattie doing as the story begins?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Watching home movies.
(c) Practicing piano.
(d) Reading a book.
15. Where does Angel Valentine work?
(a) A dress shop.
(b) A museum.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose home does Hattie walk as she heads through town?
2. What surprise information does Hattie's mother tell her?
3. Where does Hattie first meet Adam?
4. What is the time period for the story?
5. What is Hattie's first job of the morning?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)