|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adam's relationship to Hattie?
(a) He is a cousin.
(b) He is brother.
(c) He is her step-brother.
(d) He is her uncle.
2. Where does Papa go to pick up Adam?
3. Why does Papa chastise Adam during dessert?
(a) He eats his pie with his hands.
(b) He stirs his ice cream with his finger.
(c) He slurps it from the dish.
(d) He puts whipped cream on his nose and cheeks.
4. Hattie feels like a __________________ to Adam.
(b) crossing guard.
5. Hattie's mother says that Hattie should be more ________________.
6. Adam tells Hattie that she is the type of person who can _______________________.
(a) see the stars in people's eyes.
(b) fly to the moon one day.
(c) lift the corner of the universe.
(d) hang the moon and the stars.
7. Where does Hattie's paternal grandmother live?
8. Who is Adam?
(a) Hattie's brother.
(b) Hattie's godfather.
(c) Hattie's boyfriend.
(d) Hattie's uncle.
9. How does Adam react to what Nancy calls him?
(a) He spits on her.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He runs away.
10. What is the Summer evening tradition at the boardinghouse?
(a) Movies and fudge.
(b) Lemonade and cookies.
(c) Drive-in theater and snacks.
(d) Movies and popcorn.
11. How old is Adam?
12. What does Hattie consider to be the turning point of her life last Summer?
(a) Her first kiss from a boy.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) Steering a speed boat.
(d) Meeting Adam.
13. Who is Hattie's best friend?
14. Where does the girl in #32 spend her Summers?
15. Why does Adam return to the boardinghouse later that day?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To see Angel.
(c) To bring some lemons.
(d) To watch movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hattie not ask Nana to take her to the movies?
2. Hattie says that Adam talks so fast that _______________________.
3. Why does Adam return to the boardinghouse the next day?
4. When Adam eats too fast at dinner, Nana tells him to _____________________.
5. Why does Adam arrive at the boardinghouse at around five o'clock the next day?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)