|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Papa wearing in the home movie?
(a) Jeans and t-shirt.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) Golf clothes.
(d) Bath robe.
2. What does Adam tell Nana on the phone?
(a) He will bring some ice cream home with him.
(b) He will be home in a half hour.
(c) He wants to stay at the boardinghouse.
(d) He doesn't have to ask permission to leave the house.
3. Why does Adam return to the boardinghouse later that day?
(a) To watch movies.
(b) To bring some lemons.
(c) To have dinner.
(d) To see Angel.
4. Why do Nana and Papa bring Adam to the boardinghouse on Sunday morning?
(a) Adam doesn't want to go to church.
(b) Adam can't keep still in church.
(c) Adam wants to go to church with Hattie.
(d) Adam wants to play with Hattie.
5. What is Angel's last name?
6. What business do Hattie's parents run?
(c) Car dealership.
7. What does Nana lack in taking care of Adam?
8. Adam tells Hattie to give him any date and he can tell her _______________________.
(a) what day of the week it was.
(b) what the weather was like on that day.
(c) who was born on that day.
(d) which famous people were born on that day.
9. Where does Hattie's paternal grandmother live?
10. What drink does Adam always get?
(a) A soda.
(b) A Shirley Temple.
(c) Chocolate milk.
(d) A Bloody Mary.
11. What social function does Nana suggest that Hattie attend?
(a) Etiquette Summer School.
(b) The Debutante Ball.
(c) The Summer Cotillion.
(d) The Junior League Summer Dance.
12. Who is the servant who passes the food in the dining room?
13. How many framed photos sit on Miss Hagerty's dresser?
14. What type of business does Papa own?
(c) Auto dealership.
15. Why is Nana frantic when she calls the boardinghouse?
(a) She can't find Adam.
(b) Papa is having chest pains.
(c) She has been in a car accident.
(d) Someone has broken into their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise information does Hattie's mother tell her?
2. What does Hattie do when Adam decides to go home?
3. Why does Adam return to the boardinghouse the next day?
4. To whose home does Hattie walk as she heads through town?
5. Where does Hattie look to try to find more information about Adam?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)