|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cook for the boardinghouse?
2. Why does Miss Hagerty not come downstairs for breakfast?
(a) She is not hungry in the mornings.
(b) She doesn't want to be seen without make-up.
(c) She likes to sleep in every morning.
(d) She has a hard time walking the stairs.
3. What does Adam ask Hattie's friends, Nancy and Janet, when they walk by the house?
(a) If he can take a walk with them.
(b) If they want to go on a picnic.
(c) If they want some lemonade.
(d) If they know how to swim.
4. Whose picture is in the frames on Miss Hagerty's dresser?
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her students.
5. Why is Adam sad when Nancy and Janet run away?
(a) They threw gravel at him.
(b) They kicked his soccer ball down the street.
(c) He wanted to be friends with them.
(d) They were laughing at him.
6. Adam tells Hattie to give him any date and he can tell her _______________________.
(a) which famous people were born on that day.
(b) what the weather was like on that day.
(c) who was born on that day.
(d) what day of the week it was.
7. How old is Miss Hagerty?
(b) Almost 72.
(d) Over 80.
8. What does Hattie call her paternal grandmother?
9. What does Hattie do when Adam decides to go home?
(a) She follows him home.
(b) She asks her father to walk him home.
(c) She asks her mother to drive him home.
(d) She asks him to stay.
10. What does Nancy call Adam when she sees him on the street?
(a) A circus animal.
(b) A pervert.
(c) A retard.
(d) A big freak.
11. Who brings drinks for the guests at Nana and Papa's house?
(b) The butler.
12. What social function does Nana suggest that Hattie attend?
(a) The Junior League Summer Dance.
(b) Etiquette Summer School.
(c) The Debutante Ball.
(d) The Summer Cotillion.
13. Where does Hattie look to try to find more information about Adam?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Baby books.
(d) Photo albums.
14. Who is Adam?
(a) Hattie's uncle.
(b) Hattie's brother.
(c) Hattie's godfather.
(d) Hattie's boyfriend.
15. How many framed photos sit on Miss Hagerty's dresser?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angel's last name?
2. What does Nana lack in taking care of Adam?
3. What type of project is Hattie's father working on?
4. How old is Adam?
5. Hattie says that Adam talks so fast that _______________________.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)