|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mancuso say tipped to look under the bar?
2. What program does Ignatius watch on television?
3. What does Myrna ask Ignatius to describe?
4. What does Clyde want Ignatius to wear?
5. Where do Dorian's relatives live?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Toole's writing style. How would you describe Toole's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Toole's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Consolation of Philosophy to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between A Confederacy of Dunces and the Consolation of Philosophy? Why do they think Ignatius uses Boethius' as a reference point?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Ignatius and Myrna.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)