|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture does Santa kiss?
2. With what color does Dorian decorate his building?
3. How much does the hospital want before they will discharge Ignatius?
4. With what does Ignatius threaten his mother?
5. Who does Ignatius fear will get in contact?
Essay Topic 1
Look at Toole's only other book, Tthe Neon Bible. What is it about? What themes does it share with A Confederacy of Dunces? Does it have a similar writing style? Does it have a similar structure?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Toole use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Toole's writing style. How would you describe Toole's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Toole's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)