|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones Jones say he is looking for?
2. Who has offered to pay Ignatius' hospital bill?
3. What does Mrs Levy do to Trixie when she threatens to leave?
4. Who does Ignatius ask Myrna to recruit for a new political party?
5. Which two characters chained Timmy to the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Chapter 8.
2. What does Myrna say in her letter in Chapter 12?
3. How do the characters react to Claude's aggression towards Mancuso in Chapter 8?
4. Summarize Chapter 9.
5. Describe Dorian and Ignatius' fight.
6. What characters does Ignatius think have caused his downfall?
7. Why does Ignatius want to create a political party centered around old sodomites?
8. Why does Ignatius think the Ladies' Auxiliary will be an important addition to his movement?
9. What does Ignatius write in his Social Note journal in chapter nine?
10. Describe Jones' idea for Darlene's act.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ignatius has a complicated relationship with his mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? What kind of emotions has she felt seeing her child grow ? How does a child act if he is spoiled or overprotected by his mother? How has Ignatius' upbringing affected him?
Essay Topic 2
Toole lived in New Orleans with his mother, adhering to the rule that writers should always write about what they know. Do you think it is obvious that Toole knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Toole does not portray a character or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Toole's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)