|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do with the newspaper article?
2. What is the headline on the newspaper?
3. What does Ignatius want from Mancuso if he cannot have his book returned?
4. What does Santa want to do with Ignatius?
5. What will Mancuso happy now that he is a hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the final chapter.
2. Why do Claude and Santa think Irene should put Ignatius in a charity hospital?
3. Describe Jones' idea for Darlene's act.
4. What do Dorian and his friends think of Mancuso?
5. What complaints does Clyde have about Ignatius' work in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Ignatius want to create a political party centered around old sodomites?
7. What does Dorain say about his life and family in Chapter 12?
8. What is Dr. Talc's reaction to seeing the newspaper article?
9. What characters does Ignatius think have caused his downfall?
10. How does Annie react to the newspaper article?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960's.
1) Why were student politics so important at that time ?
2) In what ways are the characters a product of their time? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960's America?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Toole's humor. What meaning does it give to the novel? What would the story be like without humor? Does it have any dramatic impact? Does the humor cover any deficiencies, for example, in the plot structure?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of New York as Ignatius' promised land. In what way was New York different to New Orleans in the 1960's? What can Ignatius find in New York that he could not get at home?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)