Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture does Santa kiss?
2. With what color does Dorian decorate his building?
3. How much does the hospital want before they will discharge Ignatius?
4. With what does Ignatius threaten his mother?
5. Who does Ignatius fear will get in contact?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Toole's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Claude and discuss how much you know about his background. In what ways does Toole provide the reader with information about that character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1960's.
1) Why were student politics so important at that time ?
2) In what ways are the characters a product of their time? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960's America?
Essay Topic 3
With the students, discuss the use of dialect in novels. What difference does dialect make? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)