|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters chained Timmy to the wall?
2. What does Mancuso read about in the bathroom stall?
3. Who does George want to visit on the coast?
4. What does Ignatius throw at Dorian?
5. What color scarf does Ignatius wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dorain say about his life and family in Chapter 12?
2. Describe Dorian and Ignatius' fight.
3. Why does Ignatius want to create a political party centered around old sodomites?
4. What does Ignatius write in his Social Note journal in chapter nine?
5. Why does Ignatius think the Ladies' Auxiliary will be an important addition to his movement?
6. What complaints does Clyde have about Ignatius' work in Chapter 9?
7. Describe the front page of the newspaper in Chapter 13.
8. What characters does Ignatius think have caused his downfall?
9. How does Irene react to Claude's kindness towards her?
10. Summarize Chapter 9.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Toole's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Claude and discuss how much you know about his background. In what ways does Toole provide the reader with information about that character?
Essay Topic 3
With the students, discuss the use of dialect in novels. What difference does dialect make? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)