|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what color does Dorian decorate his building?
2. How much money does Ignatius find in his bed?
3. With whom does Ignatius suggest Dorain should run off?
4. Who has offered to pay Ignatius' hospital bill?
5. Dorian's sweater is made from ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ignatius think the Ladies' Auxiliary will be an important addition to his movement?
2. Why do Claude and Santa think Irene should put Ignatius in a charity hospital?
3. Describe Dorian and Ignatius' fight.
4. What is Clyde's reaction to seeing the newspaper article?
5. What does Ignatius write in his Social Note journal in chapter nine?
6. Summarize Chapter 8.
7. What is Dr. Talc's reaction to seeing the newspaper article?
8. Describe the front page of the newspaper in Chapter 13.
9. What do Dorian and his friends think of Mancuso?
10. What does Myrna say in her letter in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of New York as Ignatius' promised land. In what way was New York different to New Orleans in the 1960's? What can Ignatius find in New York that he could not get at home?
Essay Topic 3
Ignatius has a complicated relationship with his mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? What kind of emotions has she felt seeing her child grow ? How does a child act if he is spoiled or overprotected by his mother? How has Ignatius' upbringing affected him?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)