|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ignatius fear will testify against him?
2. What is affecting Ignatius' valve in this chapter?
3. Who has offered to pay Ignatius' hospital bill?
4. Where does Ignatius consider hiding out?
5. What does Jones say Lana is trying to dress him up like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gus looking forward to escaping to Florida?
2. What does Ignatius hope his new political party will achieve?
3. Why does Ignatius refuse to talk to priests?
4. Why do Claude and Santa think Irene should put Ignatius in a charity hospital?
5. What complaints does Clyde have about Ignatius' work in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Claude not want to see Mancuso?
7. What does Myrna write in her letter in Chapter 9?
8. How does Annie react to the newspaper article?
9. What do Dorian and his friends think of Mancuso?
10. What is Dr. Talc's reaction to seeing the newspaper article?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960's.
1) Why were student politics so important at that time ?
2) In what ways are the characters a product of their time? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does today's society share any values with 1960's America?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Toole's writing style. How would you describe Toole's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Toole's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at Communism in the sixties. What were people's views on Communism? Was there a Communist party in America? Was there any Communist literature? How was communism presented in the arts? Why was it represented in this way? Has this representation affected the way people think about Communism today?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)