|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what color does Dorian decorate his building?
2. How many weeks of probation does Mancuso get?
3. From whom has Ignatius had complaints?
4. Where does Ignatius consider hiding out?
5. Ignatius thinks Irene has fallen under the influence of _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jones' idea for Darlene's act.
2. How do the characters react to Claude's aggression towards Mancuso in Chapter 8?
3. Summarize Chapter 8.
4. What does Myrna say in her letter in Chapter 12?
5. What does Myrna write in her letter in Chapter 9?
6. What does Ignatius hope his new political party will achieve?
7. Why does Ignatius think the Ladies' Auxiliary will be an important addition to his movement?
8. Describe the front page of the newspaper in Chapter 13.
9. Why does Ignatius refuse to talk to priests?
10. Why does Ignatius want to create a political party centered around old sodomites?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Toole use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Ignatius and Myrna.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Toole's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Claude and discuss how much you know about his background. In what ways does Toole provide the reader with information about that character?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)