|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clyde want Ignatius to wear?
2. What program does Ignatius watch on television?
3. Dorian's sweater is made from ___________.
4. How long has it taken Myrna to drive to New Orleans?
5. Who does George want to visit on the coast?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "A Confederacy of Dunces is about nothing and, as such, has nothing of any importance to say about 1960's America." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
With the students, discuss the use of dialect in novels. What difference does dialect make? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of New York as Ignatius' promised land. In what way was New York different to New Orleans in the 1960's? What can Ignatius find in New York that he could not get at home?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)