|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ignatius like to sit in the backseat?
2. Who does Lana think put the police onto her?
3. What does Ignatius do with most of his stock?
4. What do the Levy daughters think the Levy Pants factory is like?`
5. What will happen to Mancuso if he fails?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the central idea to Boethius' The Consolation of Philosophy?
2. How has Ignatius tried to bring peace to his house?
3. Why does Ignatius decide to accept the job at Levy Pants?
4. How does Ignatius conduct the workers strike?
5. What does Ignatius write in The Journal of a Working Boy?
6. What does Ignatius write about in Social Note?
7. What are Gus's criticisims of his wife?
8. Summarize Chapter 6.
9. Describe the staff at Levy Pants.
10. Describe the outside of Ignatius' and Irene's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Ignatius and Myrna.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "A Confederacy of Dunces is about nothing and, as such, has nothing of any importance to say about 1960's America." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Toole's humor. What meaning does it give to the novel? What would the story be like without humor? Does it have any dramatic impact? Does the humor cover any deficiencies, for example, in the plot structure?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)