|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ignatuis' only post-college job been?
2. What two colors does Ignatuis state his eyes are?
3. Which of the following characters asks Ignatius for a hot dog?
4. How does Ignatius try to win the worker's confidence?
5. The sergeant dispatches Mancuso into the streets diguised as ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of impression do you think Ignatius gives to people around him?
2. Describe the staff at Levy Pants.
3. Describe the outside of Ignatius' and Irene's house?
4. What does Myrna write in her letter?
5. Describe Myrna and Ignatius's relationship at college.
6. What does Chapter 1establish about Irene and Ignatius' relationship?
7. What does Ignatius think about his new colleagues?
8. What problems does Jones have about his job as a porter?
9. What excuse does Ignatius make for not selling any hot dogs?
10. What are Gus's criticisims of his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
A Confederacy of Dunces is written in the third person. Why do you think Toole chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Toole's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)