|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claude meet in the precinct?
2. What is Myrna's native city?
3. What kind of car do the Reillys have?
4. When does Ignatius go to the movies?
5. What kind of bird does Darlene own?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the porter job advertised in the bar suit both Jones and Lana?
2. What does Myrna write in her letter?
3. What kind of impression do you think Ignatius gives to people around him?
4. What does Myrna's letter say in Chapter 7?
5. Describe Mancuso's lifestyle.
6. What excuse does Ignatius make for not selling any hot dogs?
7. Describe Myrna and Ignatius's relationship at college.
8. Summarize Chapter 6.
9. Why does Ignatius decide to accept the job at Levy Pants?
10. How does Jones claim the police treat blacks in New Orleans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Toole's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Ignatius and Myrna.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
With the students, discuss the use of dialect in novels. What difference does dialect make? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)