|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that Gus Levy is interested in doing?
(a) Making jokes
(c) Attending sporting events
2. Why do the workers lose enthusiasm for the revolt?
(a) They do not want to get hurt.
(b) They do not want to lose their jobs.
(c) They do not want to go outside.
(d) They do not want to get into trouble with the police.
3. Who owns Paradise Vendors?
(a) Mr. Davis
(b) Mr. Clyde
(c) Mr. Peters
(d) Mr. Hemminway
4. What do the Levy daughters think the Levy Pants factory is like?`
(a) A prison
(b) A church
(c) A jungle
(d) A plantation
5. What does Irene want Ignatuis to do the following day?
(a) Write a story
(b) Find a job
(c) Do the washing up
(d) Be nice to her
6. What prevents Ignatius from reaching the lower drawers?
(a) His misbehaving valve
(b) His headache?
(c) His arthitis
(d) His bad back
7. What does Irene have to do to get Ignatuis to open his bedroom door?
(a) Make an egg sandwich
(b) Throw herself down the stairs
(c) Throw herself at his door
8. How does Ignatius calm himself down after an argument with George?
(a) Takes deep breathes
(b) Eats a hotdog
(c) Goes to the toilet
9. What two colors does Ignatuis state his eyes are?
(a) Brown and black
(b) Brown and blue
(c) Yellow and blue
(d) Red and green
10. In front of what store is Ignatius standing?
(a) D.H. Holmes
(b) M. E. Waugh
(d) Arding and Hobbs
11. Why does Jones think the old woman thinks he wants to rape her?
(a) She screams when he tries to talk to her.
(b) He is staring at her.
(c) She is hyperventilating.
(d) He is black.
12. What is the name of the factory foreman?
(a) Mr. Luckman
(b) Mr. Smith
(c) Mr. Palermo
(d) Mr. Fuchs
13. What is Miss Trixie's position at Levy Pants?
(b) Assistant accountant
(c) Senior accountant
(d) Assistant manager
14. What is the title of Ignatius' new project?
(a) The Journal of Communist
(b) The Journal of a Working Boy
(c) Work, Fascism and Punishment
(d) Reordering Files and Arranging Lives
15. Why does Ignatius think the building's owner is hoping someone would crash into it?
(a) To collect damages
(b) For some excitement
(c) To garner some pity
(d) To meet someone
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jones want to look like the men in Life magazine?
2. What is devouring the Abelman's Dry Goods folder?
3. What is Mryna's surname?
4. Of what book does the factory remind Ignatuis?
5. Who pays for Ignatius' education?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)