|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author waiting to come to the "final darkest tower" in "I Am Waiting"?
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Childe Roland.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
2. Where will "we" be puking in, "wailing for a winter coat," in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(b) Jackson Square.
(c) Lonely diners.
(d) Pawn shops.
3. In "The Long Street," the poet writes ""Oaklands of the soul /____ of the Imagination."
(a) New Yorks.
(c) New Orleans.
4. In "I Am Waiting," the poet writes he is waiting for the rebirth of what?
5. In "I Am Waiting," the poet says he is waiting for the Age of what to drop dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the billiard parlor in "Autobiography"?
2. In "Autobiography," where is the poet leading a quiet life?
3. In "Autobiography," where was the poet when Rome was built?
4. What kind of pilots has the poet seen in "Autobiography"?
5. What does the poet speak of leaving behind on lampposts in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major points of "Autobiography"?
2. Describe the dog in the poem, "Dog."
3. What does the poet suggest in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
4. What does the author say of money in the poem, "Autobiography"?
5. What does the poet suggest to the reader in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
6. What are some of the things the poet is waiting for in "I Am Waiting"?
7. In "Autobiography," to what animal does the poet compare himself? What has he seen?
8. What events take place in "Christ Climbed Down"?
9. Describe the pop culture and literary references the author makes in "Autobiography."
10. Describe the train in "Meet Miss Subways." How is this tied to its theme?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)