|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Am Waiting" the poet writes he is waiting to write the great ____ poem.
2. Whom does the poet say he is waiting for them to prove is really an American in "I Am Waiting"?
(d) The Pope.
3. In "I Am Waiting," Ferlinghetti writes that he is waiting for what to be stored?
(a) The Sun Also Rises.
(b) The Grapes of Wrath.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) The Last Judgment.
4. In "I Am Waiting," the poet says he is waiting for the Age of what to drop dead?
5. In "The Long Street," the poet writes ""Oaklands of the soul /____ of the Imagination."
(a) New Orleans.
(d) New Yorks.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the poet waiting to grow up in "I Am Waiting"?
2. In "Autobiography," who has the poet heard "strained through a sheet"?
3. The poet writes he's selling everything and giving the rest to what in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
4. In what way does the poet repeatedly change a line from the song "America" in ""Junkman's Obbligato"?
5. In the poem, "Dog," what does the dog see in Chinatown windows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the pop culture and literary references the author makes in "Autobiography."
2. What events take place in "Christ Climbed Down"?
3. What is the underlying meaning of the poem "I Am Waiting"?
4. Describe the train in "Meet Miss Subways." How is this tied to its theme?
5. What are the prominent themes of "Christ Climbed Down"?
6. Why does the author describe the poems of Chapter Two as "oral messages"?
7. Who is described in "Meet Miss Subways"?
8. What are the major points of "Autobiography"?
9. What does the poet suggest to the reader in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
10. How is the street described in "The Long Street"?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)