|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem, "Dog," what does the dog see in Chinatown windows?
2. What does "obbligato" mean?
3. In "I Am Waiting," the poet writes he is waiting for someone to really discover what?
4. What is the poet waiting to just stop rolling along past the country club in "I Am Waiting"?
(a) The Jesus caravan.
(b) The Silent Ship.
(c) Old Man River.
(d) The Ship of Fools.
5. Where will "we" be puking in, "wailing for a winter coat," in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Pawn shops.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
(c) Jackson Square.
(d) Lonely diners.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Long Street," it is the street of what?
2. The poet writes in "Junkman's Obbligato," "Let's go / smelling of _____."
3. "By the time they print your picture / in ________ / you will have become a negative anyway" the poet writes in "Junkman's Obbligato."
4. Who is the author waiting to come to the "final darkest tower" in "I Am Waiting"?
5. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting" that he is waiting for God to look to see the Ode to the Confederate Dead as a real what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the street described in "The Long Street"?
2. Describe the pop culture and literary references the author makes in "Autobiography."
3. Who is described in "Meet Miss Subways"?
4. What are the major points of "Autobiography"?
5. How is the place in the ending of "The Long Street" described?
6. What is the poem "Autobiography" about?
7. What is the poet's meaning in "The Long Street"?
8. What events take place in "Christ Climbed Down"?
9. What are some of the things the poet is waiting for in "I Am Waiting"?
10. What does the poet suggest in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)