|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet say we'll dry our drawers on in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(b) Coal ovens.
(d) Garbage fires.
2. The poets writes in "Junkman's Obbligato," "Let us not wait for ______ / to carry us triumphant / into the interior waving / at the natives."
3. "By the time they print your picture / in ________ / you will have become a negative anyway" the poet writes in "Junkman's Obbligato."
(a) Times Magazine.
(b) New York Magazine.
(c) The paper.
(d) Life Magazine.
4. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting" that he is waiting for God to look to see the Ode to the Confederate Dead as a real what?
5. In "I Am Waiting" the poet writes he is waiting to write the great ____ poem.
6. In "I Am Waiting," the poet writes he is waiting for the rebirth of what?
7. In "The Long Street," the poet writes ""Oaklands of the soul /____ of the Imagination."
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New Yorks.
8. What kind of pilots has the poet seen in "Autobiography"?
9. What does the poet speak of leaving behind on lampposts in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
10. In Chapter 2, the author writes that these poems were conceived specifically to be accompanied by what?
(b) Beat music.
(c) Blues music.
(d) Jazz music.
11. What does "obbligato" mean?
12. Who does the dog not hate but has no use for in "Dog"?
13. What is the name of the billiard parlor in "Autobiography"?
14. What did the poet get caught stealing in the Five and Dime store in "Autobiography"?
15. Where does golf go on in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Burning Tree.
(c) Golden Gate.
(d) Jackson Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting," that he is waiting for the deepest South to just stop what?
2. In "I Am Waiting," Ferlinghetti writes that he is waiting for what to be stored?
3. In "Autobiography," where is the poet leading a quiet life?
4. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting," "I am waiting for the war to be fought which will make the world safe for" what?
5. What is the poet waiting to just stop rolling along past the country club in "I Am Waiting"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)