|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 7, the poet writes, "What could she say to the fantastic _____
2. What is the heart compared to in Poem 25?
(a) A harp.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A fish.
(d) A tree.
3. What painter kept painting, despite his mother's pleas in Poem 14?
(b) Van Gogh.
4. In Poem 21, from the other side of what do the green birds sing?
5. In Poem 1, the author writes of false windmills and _____ roosters.
6. What do the "falcons of the inner eye" do in Poem 11?
(a) Scream and die.
(b) Dance and cry.
(c) Sing and cry.
(d) Dive and die.
7. What kind of two-step does the poet write about in Poem 9?
8. In Poem 3, the poet writes of fur leaves and cobalt what?
9. In Poem 6, what wouldn't sing where the statue was being erected?
10. What is the literary allusion in Poem 2?
(a) On the Road.
(b) The Grapes of Wrath.
(d) The Iliad.
11. In Poem 10, the poet writes that beauty never dies, but lies among the aborigines of what?
12. In Poem 12, what did the painting cry at him?
(a) A beautiful ballad of sorrow.
(b) A screech of epiphany.
(c) A song of remorse.
(d) A terrible bedtime song.
13. What is the repeated refrain in Poem 27?
(a) Dolce amore.
(b) Dove sta amore.
(c) Il vueno amore.
(d) C'est amore.
14. What does the woman in Poem 9 have that are bad?
15. In Poem 18, how does the poet feel of his own voice and the sound of birds?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 11, the poet writes that "the wounded wilderness of _____ is not the same as the wild west."
2. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
3. What is the Widder Fogliani otherwise known as?
4. With what expression does the woman look at the man in Poem 8?
5. In Poem 12, where did he hound the leaded ground?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)