|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bathtubs in Poem 2?
2. In Poem 7, the poet writes, "What could she say to the fantastic _____
3. In Poem 14, the poet writes, "Don't let that horse eat that ____."
4. What are the "gay cows" chanting in Poem 2?
(a) Winter songs.
(b) Argentinean anthems.
(d) Athenian anthems.
5. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
6. In Poem 20, what did the leaves cry?
(a) Sleep son!
(b) Too soon!
(d) Fall beneath me!
7. In Poem 21, from the other side of what do the green birds sing?
8. In Poem 15, what does a poet climb onto of his own making?
(a) A high wire.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A building.
(d) A castle.
9. In Poem 11, the poet writes that "the wounded wilderness of _____ is not the same as the wild west."
(a) Morris Graves.
(b) Sanders Graves.
(c) Morris Mountain.
(d) Death Valley.
10. In Poem 21, the poet writes that "she" loved to look at flowers and smell fruit. What staggered through her sleep?
(a) Goats among the sheep.
(b) Poets and madmen.
(c) Halfass drunken sailors.
(d) Wolves in tiger garb.
11. Where did the Widder Fogliani have whiskers?
(a) On her heart.
(b) On her chin.
(c) On her soul.
(d) On her chest.
12. What is the literary allusion in Poem 2?
(a) On the Road.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Grapes of Wrath.
13. What does the poet do with all the old ladies in Poem 18?
(a) Makes them young again.
(b) Rouses their confidence.
(c) Kisses them sleeping.
(d) Wakens their dreams.
14. In Poem 17, what kind of pierrots castrate disaster?
15. In Poem 22, what is Johnny's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 18, how does the poet feel of his own voice and the sound of birds?
2. In Poem 3, the poet writes of fur leaves and cobalt what?
3. What is the Widder Fogliani otherwise known as?
4. In Poem 13, the poet writes of Dante discovering what?
5. In poem 29, the poet writes of what character from The Sun Also Rises?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)