|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 7, the poet writes, "What could she say to the fantastic _____
2. What does the woman in Poem 9 hate?
3. Along with sleight-of-foot tricks, what does the poet perform in Poem 15?
4. From where will the carpenter not come down in Poem 5?
(a) His tree.
(b) His mountain.
(c) His throne.
(d) His cross.
5. In Poem 12, what did the painting cry at him?
(a) A screech of epiphany.
(b) A terrible bedtime song.
(c) A song of remorse.
(d) A beautiful ballad of sorrow.
6. What is the Widder Fogliani otherwise known as?
(a) Bella Sara.
(b) Bella Lana.
(c) Bella Donna.
(d) Bella Gloria.
7. What painter kept painting, despite his mother's pleas in Poem 14?
(a) Van Gogh.
8. What went mad in Poem 7?
(a) The children.
(b) The leaves.
(c) The fairies.
(d) The birds.
9. In Poem 1, the author writes of false windmills and _____ roosters.
10. In Poem 24, the poet writes, "We squat upon the beach of love/ among Picasso _____ struck full of sand."
11. In Poem 15, what does a poet climb onto of his own making?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A building.
(c) A high wire.
(d) A castle.
12. What is the heart compared to in Poem 25?
(a) A tree.
(b) A fish.
(c) A mandolin.
(d) A harp.
13. What kind of clowns "always making up imaginary scenes with all our masks for faces" does the poet refer to in Poem 16?
(a) Emmett Kelly.
(c) Jubilant juggling.
(d) Flat faced.
14. In Poem 22, what is Johnny's last name?
15. What is the repeated refrain in Poem 27?
(a) Il vueno amore.
(b) Dove sta amore.
(c) Dolce amore.
(d) C'est amore.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poet writes in Poem 13 that he would paint a different kind of what?
2. In the fields of "our childhood" of Poem 19, what mixes with rainbows in memory?
3. In poem 29, the poet writes of what character from The Sun Also Rises?
4. In Poem 27, what tolled twice, once for the birth of love and once for the death?
5. In Poem 12, where did he hound the leaded ground?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)