|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 16, the poet writes, "Yet away around on the far side like the stage door of a circus tent is a wide wide vent in the _______."
2. What are the "patriotic maidens" wearing in Poem 2?
(a) Rectangle glasses.
(b) Paper hats.
(c) Paper poppies.
(d) Fur stoles.
3. Whose castle stands above the world like a last bastille in Poem 16?
4. What went mad in Poem 7?
(a) The birds.
(b) The leaves.
(c) The fairies.
(d) The children.
5. What is the Widder Fogliani otherwise known as?
(a) Bella Gloria.
(b) Bella Sara.
(c) Bella Lana.
(d) Bella Donna.
6. In Poem 21, from the other side of what do the green birds sing?
7. The man in Poem 8 is carrying an old beat-up what?
8. In Poem 4, the poet writes of dead sunflowers and live what?
9. In Poem 19, the poet writes, "like every morning with its sharp shadows shadowing a ______."
10. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
11. In Poem 11, the poet writes that "the wounded wilderness of _____ is not the same as the wild west."
(a) Sanders Graves.
(b) Morris Mountain.
(c) Death Valley.
(d) Morris Graves.
12. What painter kept painting, despite his mother's pleas in Poem 14?
(c) Van Gogh.
13. In Poem 20, what did the leaves cry?
(b) Too soon!
(c) Fall beneath me!
(d) Sleep son!
14. In Poem 22, what is Johnny's last name?
15. In Poem 6, what wouldn't sing where the statue was being erected?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary allusion in Poem 2?
2. What does the woman in Poem 9 hate?
3. What kind of two-step does the poet write about in Poem 9?
4. In Poem 27, what tolled twice, once for the birth of love and once for the death?
5. In the fields of "our childhood" of Poem 19, what mixes with rainbows in memory?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)