|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Poems from Pictures of the Gone World (1955).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What went mad in Poem 7?
(a) The leaves.
(b) The birds.
(c) The fairies.
(d) The children.
2. What magazine did the poet read as a boy, in "Autobiography"?
(a) American League.
(b) Junior American.
(c) Boy Scouts America.
(d) American Boy.
3. How is the woman's laughter described in "Poem 1" of "Pictures from the Gone World"?
4. Who were beguiled by the paintings in "Poem 5" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
(a) American Impressionists.
(b) Spanish Impressionists.
(c) French Impressionists.
(d) French Surrealists.
5. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting," "I am waiting for the war to be fought which will make the world safe for" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Poem 2" of "Pictures of the Gone World," what goes flying?
2. In Poem 1, the author writes of false windmills and _____ roosters.
3. The author writes in "Poem 3" of "Pictures of the Gone World," "Their stone eyes staring / through ______ years."
4. Whose castle stands above the world like a last bastille in Poem 16?
5. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)