|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Poems from Pictures of the Gone World (1955).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
2. In "Autobiography," who has the poet heard "strained through a sheet"?
3. In Poem 4, the poet writes of dead sunflowers and live what?
4. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting," "I am waiting for the war to be fought which will make the world safe for" what?
5. The author writes in "Autobiography," "I once started out / to walk around the world / but ended up in ______."
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does the sculptor cast trees, in "Poem 3" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
2. What does the woman say we do differently at night in "Poem 8" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
3. In Poem 10, the poet writes that beauty never dies, but lies among the aborigines of what?
4. In Poem 19, the poet writes, "like every morning with its sharp shadows shadowing a ______."
5. What is the name of the billiard parlor in "Autobiography"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)