|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Oral Messages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 12, what did the painting cry at him?
(a) A song of remorse.
(b) A beautiful ballad of sorrow.
(c) A screech of epiphany.
(d) A terrible bedtime song.
2. With whom did the author create an LP of the poems in Chapter 2?
(a) Kenneth Rexroth.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Moody Sanders.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
3. In "Autobiography," where was the poet when Rome was built?
4. What kind of two-step does the poet write about in Poem 9?
5. Whose castle stands above the world like a last bastille in Poem 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the "dogs do it" in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
2. The poet uses literary allusion in the line, "I'm tired of waiting for Godot." To which author is he referring?
3. Who is the author waiting to come to the "final darkest tower" in "I Am Waiting"?
4. Where will "we" be puking in, "wailing for a winter coat," in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
5. The poet writes in "I Am Waiting" that he is waiting for God to look to see the Ode to the Confederate Dead as a real what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)