|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Oral Messages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Autobiography" take place?
(b) Jackson Square Park.
(c) Lower East Broadway.
(d) The Upper East Side.
2. In "I Am Waiting," the poet writes he is waiting for someone to really discover what?
3. The man in Poem 8 is carrying an old beat-up what?
4. What is the name of the billiard parlor in "Autobiography"?
5. In what way does the poet repeatedly change a line from the song "America" in ""Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) My country tears of thee.
(b) My country lies of thee.
(c) The stars shining black.
(d) Oh say can you sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Autobiography," where is the poet leading a quiet life?
2. What does the author consider the poems in Chapter 2 to be?
3. In "Autobiography," where was the poet when Rome was built?
4. The author writes in "Autobiography," "I once started out / to walk around the world / but ended up in ______."
5. Whose castle stands above the world like a last bastille in Poem 16?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)