|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Oral Messages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Am Waiting" the poet writes he is waiting to write the great ____ poem.
2. Where does the poet write of staggering blind after alleycats in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Under the Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) In the sunsets of Chicago.
(c) In Seattle by the shore.
(d) In the San Francisco fire line.
3. Where do the subways stall and wait in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Under the bridge.
(b) Under the river.
(c) Over the river.
(d) At Coney Island.
4. Where does the poet ask to go in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(d) Isle of Manisfree.
5. Who does the dog not hate but has no use for in "Dog"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What went mad in Poem 7?
2. In Poem 5, the guy who shows up late is a kind of what?
3. In "The Long Street," it is the street of what?
4. The poet writes of staggering into what kind of sunsets in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
5. What is the repeated refrain in Poem 27?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)