|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Oral Messages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is "sister in the street" wearing her brassiere in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Around her neck.
(b) On the outside of her clothes.
(d) Upside down.
2. In Poem 1, the author writes that in the paintings of Goya we see the people of the world when "they first attained the title of" what?
(a) Brilliant adversity.
(b) Solemn silence.
(c) Joyous humanity.
(d) Suffering humanity.
3. What is the Widder Fogliani otherwise known as?
(a) Bella Sara.
(b) Bella Gloria.
(c) Bella Donna.
(d) Bella Lana.
4. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
5. In Poem 12, what did the painting cry at him?
(a) A terrible bedtime song.
(b) A song of remorse.
(c) A beautiful ballad of sorrow.
(d) A screech of epiphany.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what expression does the woman look at the man in Poem 8?
2. In "Junkman's Obbligato," what has not yet toppled from his horse?
3. In Poem 24, the poet writes, "We squat upon the beach of love/ among Picasso _____ struck full of sand."
4. In Poem 27, what tolled twice, once for the birth of love and once for the death?
5. In Poem 3, the poet writes of fur leaves and cobalt what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)