|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Poems from Pictures of the Gone World (1955).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were beguiled by the paintings in "Poem 5" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
(a) American Impressionists.
(b) French Impressionists.
(c) Spanish Impressionists.
(d) French Surrealists.
2. For whom is the poet waiting to act in "I Am Waiting"?
(a) The woman.
(d) The man.
3. In "Poem 7" of "Pictures of the Gone World," what did the Firemen turn on?
4. What kind of two-step does the poet write about in Poem 9?
5. Who is the author waiting to come to the "final darkest tower" in "I Am Waiting"?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Childe Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the subways stall and wait in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
2. In Poem 3, the poet writes of fur leaves and cobalt what?
3. What stands hitched alone in "Poem 10" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
4. When was "Pictures from the Gone World," a collection of excerpts from the author's book of the same title, published?
5. In "Junkman's Obbligato," the poet writes, "Empty out your pockets and _____."
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)