|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Poems from Pictures of the Gone World (1955).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 20, what did the leaves cry?
(a) Fall beneath me!
(b) Sleep son!
(d) Too soon!
2. What magazine did the poet read as a boy, in "Autobiography"?
(a) Boy Scouts America.
(b) American Boy.
(c) American League.
(d) Junior American.
3. In Poem 17, what kind of pierrots castrate disaster?
4. In Poem 12, where did he hound the leaded ground?
(a) Into the night.
(b) Into oblivion.
(c) Into the future.
(d) Into the distance.
5. The benches are filled with what kind of discarded statues in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) St. Christopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that sculpture isn't for young men in "Poem 3" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
2. In "I Am Waiting," the poet writes he is waiting for the rebirth of what?
3. What do the "falcons of the inner eye" do in Poem 11?
4. Who is the girl the poet remembers in "Poem 7" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
5. In "Poem 1" from "Pictures of the Gone World," the poet writes, "Away above a harborful / of _____ houses."
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)