|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Coney Island of the Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the repeated refrain in Poem 27?
(a) Il vueno amore.
(b) Dolce amore.
(c) C'est amore.
(d) Dove sta amore.
2. In Poem 15, what does a poet climb onto of his own making?
(a) A castle.
(b) A building.
(c) A high wire.
(d) A mountain.
3. The poet writes in Poem 13 that he would paint a different kind of what?
4. In Poem 7, the poet writes, "What could she say to the fantastic _____
5. In Poem 10, what does the poet write he has not lain with all his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 5, the guy who shows up late is a kind of what?
2. In Poem 16, the poet writes, "Yet away around on the far side like the stage door of a circus tent is a wide wide vent in the _______."
3. What is the literary allusion in Poem 2?
4. What does the poet do with all the old ladies in Poem 18?
5. In poem 29, the poet writes of what character from The Sun Also Rises?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)