|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Oral Messages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poet uses literary allusion in the line, "I'm tired of waiting for Godot." To which author is he referring?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Arthur Miller.
2. What is in the bathtubs in Poem 2?
3. In Poem 17, what kind of pierrots castrate disaster?
4. In Poem 16, the poet writes, "Yet away around on the far side like the stage door of a circus tent is a wide wide vent in the _______."
5. What are the "patriotic maidens" wearing in Poem 2?
(a) Paper poppies.
(b) Rectangle glasses.
(c) Fur stoles.
(d) Paper hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary allusion in Poem 2?
2. What does the woman in Poem 9 hate?
3. What is the Widder Fogliani otherwise known as?
4. "By the time they print your picture / in ________ / you will have become a negative anyway" the poet writes in "Junkman's Obbligato."
5. In "Autobiography," who has the poet heard "strained through a sheet"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)