|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Poems from Pictures of the Gone World (1955).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Poem 3" of "Pictures of the Gone World," the author writes, "uttering all / the sculptor's _____ / in visible syllables."
2. Where does the poet suggest sleeping in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Phone booths.
3. What is the description of the time in "Poem 3" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
(a) Days before.
4. In Poem 4, the poet writes of dead sunflowers and live what?
5. Where do the "dogs do it" in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
(a) Over the Hill.
(b) In the Black Forest.
(c) Upon the Mountain.
(d) In the Backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the sun which "hung on the hills" in "Poem 5" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
2. What does the poet speak of leaving behind on lampposts in "Junkman's Obbligato"?
3. How were the couples going into the sad water in "Poem 4" of "Pictures of the Gone World"?
4. In Poem 20, what did the leaves cry?
5. In what month does Poem 20 take place, when the poet first falls in love?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)