Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
What social structure does Orwell believe should exist in the world? Compare his ideal social structure to the social structures that do exist, and that he has written about.
Based on the experiences that Orwell presents, is Orwell a writer who is self-centered? Why or why not? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Why have Orwell, Kipling, and Dickens's work all endured through the years? How are the reasons for their work enduring similar to the explanations that Orwell gives for why a writer's work would endure through the years? Cite examples from the essays to support your answer.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)