Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
Essay Topic 1
Orwell believes that no book is completely free of political bias. What is some of the support Orwell offers for this idea in his various essays and literary critiques? Does Orwell's statement make sense, within the terms of his writings? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How do moral and political beliefs intertwine in society, people, and literature, according to Orwell? Support your answer using examples from the various essays.
Essay Topic 3
How did British culture and society change from 1910 to the beginning of the Great War? Use examples presented by Orwell in his essays to support your answer.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)