|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell's early attempts at writing were focused on what type of poems?
2. Orwell believes that war is necessarily what?
3. Which is not a title Orwell lists as one of the boys' weeklies?
4. Orwell considers, in "England Your England," how England is composed of varied what?
5. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
Essay Topic 1
How did British culture and society change from 1910 to the beginning of the Great War? Use examples presented by Orwell in his essays to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What social structure does Orwell believe should exist in the world? Compare his ideal social structure to the social structures that do exist, and that he has written about.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the experiences that Orwell presents, is Orwell a writer who is self-centered? Why or why not? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)