Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
Essay Topic 1
What role did World War II have on literature, according to Orwell? Use examples from the essays to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why have Orwell, Kipling, and Dickens's work all endured through the years? How are the reasons for their work enduring similar to the explanations that Orwell gives for why a writer's work would endure through the years? Cite examples from the essays to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do moral and political beliefs intertwine in society, people, and literature, according to Orwell? Support your answer using examples from the various essays.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)