Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
Orwell states, in "Why I Write," that he writes solid prose when his political purpose is well defined. Do you agree with Orwell's characterization of himself? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the various essays.
What social structure does Orwell believe should exist in the world? Compare his ideal social structure to the social structures that do exist, and that he has written about.
Using evidence presented by Orwell in his essays, what is bad English writing and how does it affect politics?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)