Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
Essay Topic 1
According to Orwell, is history a type of political writing? Why or why not? Use examples from the essays to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Orwell states, in "Why I Write," that he writes solid prose when his political purpose is well defined. Do you agree with Orwell's characterization of himself? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the various essays.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the various essays, explain what Orwell's political beliefs are.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)