|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most reliable enemy of Fascism?
(a) The elite class.
(b) The poor.
(c) The middle-class.
(d) The working class.
2. The officers of the Senegalese soldiers are not marching, they are what?
(b) Riding in a jeep.
(d) Riding in a sedan chair.
3. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
(a) A school-aged boy.
(b) A teenager.
(d) A very young age.
4. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(d) Good acts.
5. What age are the boy's weeklies aimed at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell questions whether Gandhi truly understood the nature of what?
2. What do boys' weeklies do to foreigners in their stories?
3. Where is Marrakech?
4. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
5. English national characteristics include a lack of what type of inclination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orwell conclude about the differences in nationality in England?
2. What do Gandhi's methods of non-violence require from the government?
3. Describe the poor in Marrakech.
4. What is the real debate, that Orwell mentions, that surrounds the weeklies?
5. What are some of the national characteristics of England?
6. What does the Italian militiaman symbolize for Orwell?
7. What are the characters in "Tropic of Cancer" like?
8. What are some of the religious beliefs that Gandhi held?
9. What does the inside of the whale represent to Orwell?
10. Who does Miller write about in "Tropic of Cancer"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)