|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His duty to God.
(c) His duty to his people.
(d) His political actions.
2. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(a) Good acts.
3. Gandhi was part of what country's independence movement?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. Orwell believes that the ruling class of England is what?
(c) Not teachable.
5. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
2. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
3. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
4. All Chinese, in "Gem" and "Magent," wear what?
5. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Orwell, what does the press consider about atrocities?
2. What comment that Orwell makes about the weeklies indicates an assumed gender distinction?
3. How were the authors of the 1930s able to write about their communist politics?
4. What do Gandhi's methods of non-violence require from the government?
5. What is the fourth desire that motivates writers?
6. What are some of the religious beliefs that Gandhi held?
7. How has Orwell attempted to make political writing an art form?
8. What is the real debate, that Orwell mentions, that surrounds the weeklies?
9. What are some of the national characteristics of England?
10. What is included in boys' weeklies?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)