|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that writers are usually vain and what?
2. What city is "Tropic of Cancer" set in?
3. When does Orwell meet Miller?
4. What kind of park does Orwell sit in when he feeds the antelope?
(a) Safari park.
(b) City park.
(c) Wilderness park.
(d) State park.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
(a) A school-aged boy.
(c) A very young age.
(d) A teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Why I Write," Orwell examines his ________ _______ in writing.
2. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
3. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
4. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
5. Orwell describes himself as what?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)