|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell questions whether Gandhi truly understood the nature of what?
2. Gandhi's methods presupposed that the British regime would react in what type of manner?
3. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
(a) Giving friends.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Spiteful friends.
(d) Religious friends.
4. England has a vast division between what?
(a) The east and the west.
(b) The rich and the poor.
(c) The north and the south.
(d) The noble and the common.
5. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Boys' Weekly is often described as "penny ________" what?
2. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
3. Orwell thinks that the antelope looks like it would be good to do what to?
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. What kind of park does Orwell sit in when he feeds the antelope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gandhi's methods of non-violence require from the government?
2. What is a Yank Mag?
3. What is the difference between patriotism and national loyalty for Orwell?
4. What is the real debate, that Orwell mentions, that surrounds the weeklies?
5. According to Orwell, what does the press consider about atrocities?
6. What is the fourth desire that motivates writers?
7. What does the inside of the whale represent to Orwell?
8. What does Orwell claim as his political leaning in his writings?
9. What does the title "England Your England" indicate about Orwell's feelings for England?
10. Describe the poor in Marrakech.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)