|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Yank Mags focus on what?
2. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(a) Good acts.
3. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
4. Orwell says that all successful people share his desire for what?
(a) Receiving attention.
5. Which religious type, in Marrakech, is crowded into restricted areas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell says that England could not become Germany any more than a turnip seed could grow into what?
2. What style is "Tropic of Cancer" written in?
3. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
4. Orwell's study of English literature shows that English literature moves from a focus on the beauty of nature to a focus on the tragic nature of what?
5. What, does Orwell believe, is stronger than class hatred in England?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)