|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
(c) Gluten-free diets.
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
(a) Its spirituality.
(b) Its hypocrisy.
(c) Its monarchy.
(d) Its gentleness.
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 60 years.
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
(a) A very young age.
(b) A school-aged boy.
(d) A teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
2. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
3. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
4. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
5. Orwell says that he has generally only written solid prose when his political purpose was what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)