|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All Chinese, in "Gem" and "Magent," wear what?
(a) A sword.
(b) A mask.
(c) A pigtail.
(d) A robe.
2. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(b) Good acts.
3. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
4. What city is "Tropic of Cancer" set in?
5. Orwell says that writers are usually vain and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious type, in Marrakech, is crowded into restricted areas?
2. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
3. Who is the most reliable enemy of Fascism?
4. English national characteristics include a lack of what type of inclination?
5. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Italian militiaman symbolize for Orwell?
2. What does Orwell conclude about the differences in nationality in England?
3. What is a Yank Mag?
4. What is one of the remarkable observations that Orwell makes about the local conditions in Marrakech?
5. How has Orwell attempted to make political writing an art form?
6. What does the title "England Your England" indicate about Orwell's feelings for England?
7. Describe the poor in Marrakech.
8. What comment that Orwell makes about the weeklies indicates an assumed gender distinction?
9. Who does Miller write about in "Tropic of Cancer"?
10. What does Orwell realize when one of the Senegalese soldiers looks at him with wide, wondering eyes?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)