|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that, since 1936, everything he has written has been what?
2. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
3. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Empirists.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Socialists.
(d) The Elitists.
4. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
(a) Giving friends.
(b) Spiteful friends.
(c) Religious friends.
(d) Close friends.
5. The Yank Mags focus on what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What style is "Tropic of Cancer" written in?
2. Orwell's early attempts at writing were focused on what type of poems?
3. What, does Orwell believe, is stronger than class hatred in England?
4. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
5. Orwell questions whether Gandhi truly understood the nature of what?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)