|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stories in the boys' weeklies are ______ and _________.
(a) Realistic and humorous.
(b) Fanciful and stylized.
(c) Complex and stagnant.
(d) Basic and simple.
2. In "Why I Write," Orwell examines his ________ _______ in writing.
(a) Personal feelings.
(b) Personal history.
(c) Personal bias.
(d) Personal interest.
3. Orwell believes that revolution and warfare make people behave how?
4. Orwell believes that the intra-party struggles of the Spanish ______ are intricate, distant, and insignificant.
5. Which is not a title Orwell lists as one of the boys' weeklies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reasons compel writers to write, according to Orwell?
2. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
3. Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia," has a distinctly _______ feel.
4. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)