|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
2. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
4. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
5. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
(a) A game.
(b) An argument.
(c) A fight.
(d) A poker game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
2. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
3. Dickens was considered a social _______.
4. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
5. Who is Bingo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Orwell hated in Moulmein?
2. Why did Kipling's poetry resonate with middle-class readers?
3. What is the standard joke about home life that the semi-illicit postcards use?
4. What, according to Orwell, do the various deficiencies in Dickens's novels lead a person to conclude?
5. What does Orwell announce after his first beating?
6. What is the difference between how poor and rich students are treated at Crossgates on social occasions, such as birthdays?
7. What does the subsequent investigation find regarding Orwell's shooting of the elephant?
8. What is "bad English writing," according to Orwell?
9. What is the plot of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish"?
10. What role does Orwell believe his past experiences have played in his life?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)