|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that no book is entirely free from what?
(a) Political bias.
(b) Individual history.
(c) Comic relief.
(d) Personal influences.
2. English national characteristics include a lack of what type of inclination?
3. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
(a) The women.
(b) The children.
(c) The men.
(d) The slaves.
4. What do boys' weeklies do to foreigners in their stories?
(a) Stereotype them.
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Enslave them.
(d) Ignore them.
5. England has a vast division between what?
(a) The noble and the common.
(b) The rich and the poor.
(c) The north and the south.
(d) The east and the west.
6. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
7. Orwell thinks that the antelope looks like it would be good to do what to?
(a) To pet.
(b) To keep.
(c) To eat.
(d) To ride.
8. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
(a) Economic gap.
(b) Poor class.
(d) Middle class.
9. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 50 years.
10. Orwell believes that the intra-party struggles of the Spanish ______ are intricate, distant, and insignificant.
11. Orwell says that writers are usually vain and what?
12. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
(c) Short stories.
13. Orwell believes that revolution and warfare make people behave how?
14. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(b) Good acts.
15. How many reasons compel writers to write, according to Orwell?
(a) Four or more.
(b) One or more.
(c) Two or more.
(d) Three or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
2. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
3. Orwell believes that most of the post-Great War writers wrote without what?
4. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
5. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)