Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
(c) Gluten-free diets.
2. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
(a) Its spirituality.
(b) Its hypocrisy.
(c) Its monarchy.
(d) Its gentleness.
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 60 years.
4. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
5. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
(a) A very young age.
(b) A school-aged boy.
(d) A teenager.
6. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
7. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
8. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Elitists.
(b) The Empirists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Socialists.
9. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
10. Orwell says that he has generally only written solid prose when his political purpose was what?
(a) Well defined.
(b) Experienced first-hand.
(d) Democratically motivated.
11. What is the first reason that writers might be compelled to write?
(a) They want to have influence.
(b) They want to be talked about.
(c) They want to earn money.
(d) The want to be seen.
12. In what decade does a new group of writers who begin to focus on the ideal of a serious purpose in life emerge?
13. When Orwell writes the essay, "England Your England," German planes are bombing where?
14. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
(a) Political principles.
(b) Material belongings principles.
(c) Dietary principles.
(d) Friend principles.
15. The main serialized stories of both "Gem" and "Magnet" focus on what?
(a) Home life.
(c) School life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Yank Mags focus on what?
2. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
3. Orwell says that writers are usually vain and what?
4. What kind of park does Orwell sit in when he feeds the antelope?
5. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)