|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens writes from what point of view?
2. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
(a) Black rings around their eyes.
(b) Guilty facial expressions.
(c) Red marks on their palms,
(d) Sickness and depression.
3. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
(a) Sancho Panza.
(b) Sancho Plazas.
(c) Sancho Piazza.
(d) Sancho Pureats.
4. Dickens is not what type of writer?
5. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
6. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
(a) The wood.
(b) The cane.
(c) The stick.
(d) The belt.
7. How man people gather to watch Orwell find the elephant?
8. How many cartridges does Orwell get with his elephant rifle?
9. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
(a) The past.
(b) The government.
(c) The future.
10. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The subject matter.
(b) The lyrical way it is written.
(c) The portrayal of values.
(d) The tonal qualities to the writing.
11. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
12. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of history.
(b) Lack of government.
(c) Lack of morals.
(d) Lack of families.
13. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
14. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
15. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
2. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
3. In what country is Moulmein?
4. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
5. Dickens is against trade _______.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)