|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
(c) A woman's mistake.
2. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
(a) The government.
(b) The future.
(d) The past.
3. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
4. What is Crossgates?
(a) A finishing school.
(b) A day school.
(c) A technical school.
(d) A boarding school.
5. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
6. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
(a) Their test scores.
(b) Their future career paths.
(c) Their intelligence level.
(d) Their economic status.
7. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
8. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
(b) Being a sailor.
(c) Being a soldier.
(d) Hard work.
9. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
10. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
(c) Chicken pox.
11. Is Donald McGill a real person?
(b) It depends on who you ask.
(d) No one knows.
12. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
13. The subsequent investigation finds that Orwell was _______ in shooting the elephant.
14. Orwell leaves the scene of the elephant shooting feeling what?
15. How does Miss Blandish die?
(a) She is run over by a car.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is drowned in the river.
(d) Her kidnappers kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of literature does Kipling write?
2. Dickens views revolutions as what?
3. How many shots does Orwell fire before approaching the elephant?
4. Dickens did not write about what?
5. Who is Bingo?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)