|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the schools that Crossgates graduates attend?
2. When does Orwell meet Miller?
3. Who was the leader of Russia at the time of the Spanish Civil War?
4. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
(a) Sickness and depression.
(b) Red marks on their palms,
(c) Guilty facial expressions.
(d) Black rings around their eyes.
5. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
2. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
3. Orwell says that, since 1936, everything he has written has been what?
4. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
5. Orwell considers, in "England Your England," how England is composed of varied what?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)