|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boys' Weekly is often described as "penny ________" what?
2. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
(a) Sancho Plazas.
(b) Sancho Piazza.
(c) Sancho Pureats.
(d) Sancho Panza.
3. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
4. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Praises them.
(b) Ridicules them.
(c) De-humanizes them.
(d) Makes them heroes.
5. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Used common language.
(b) Told the truth.
(c) Told fanciful stories.
(d) Used colorful language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi was part of what country's independence movement?
2. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
3. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
4. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
5. How many reasons compel writers to write, according to Orwell?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)