|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Praises them.
(b) Makes them heroes.
(c) Ridicules them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
2. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
3. Orwell says that no book is entirely free from what?
(a) Individual history.
(b) Political bias.
(c) Personal influences.
(d) Comic relief.
4. The subsequent investigation finds that Orwell was _______ in shooting the elephant.
5. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
(a) Friend principles.
(b) Material belongings principles.
(c) Political principles.
(d) Dietary principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most Europeans who visit Marrakech are appalled at the harsh treatment meted out to what?
2. What is Crossgates?
3. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
4. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
5. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)