|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
2. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Accepted values.
(b) Immoral behaviors.
3. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
4. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
5. The stories in the boys' weeklies are ______ and _________.
(a) Basic and simple.
(b) Complex and stagnant.
(c) Realistic and humorous.
(d) Fanciful and stylized.
Short Answer Questions
1. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
2. Orwell believes that war is necessarily what?
3. Dickens is against trade _______.
4. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
5. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)