|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that writers are usually vain and what?
2. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
3. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
4. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
5. Orwell believes that revolution and warfare make people behave how?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
2. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
3. What, does Orwell believe, is stronger than class hatred in England?
4. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
5. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)