|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age are the boy's weeklies aimed at?
2. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
3. Orwell believes that the ruling class of England is what?
(d) Not teachable.
4. Gandhi was part of what country's independence movement?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. In what country is Moulmein?
(a) Lower Arabia.
(b) Lower India.
(c) Lower Pakistan.
(d) Lower Burma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that war is necessarily what?
2. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
3. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
4. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
5. Dickens was considered a social _______.
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)