|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots does Orwell fire before approaching the elephant?
2. Orwell describes himself as what?
3. What city is "Tropic of Cancer" set in?
4. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Immoral behaviors.
(b) Accepted values.
5. Boys' Weekly is often described as "penny ________" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
2. Non-objective truth, according to Orwell, is a diagnostic symptom of what?
3. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
4. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
5. How many reasons compel writers to write, according to Orwell?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)