|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens did not write about what?
(a) The family.
(b) The proletariat.
(c) The elite.
(d) The monarchy.
2. Orwell describes himself as what?
3. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Elitists.
(b) The Socialists.
(c) The Empirists.
(d) The Fascists.
4. The officers of the Senegalese soldiers are not marching, they are what?
(a) Riding in a jeep.
(c) Riding in a sedan chair.
5. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
2. Where does Orwell shoot the elephant?
3. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
4. What style is "Tropic of Cancer" written in?
5. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)