|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
2. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
3. Boys' Weekly is often described as "penny ________" what?
4. Orwell regrets that there are no ____________ boys' weeklies.
(b) Better written.
(c) More dramatic.
5. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The lyrical way it is written.
(b) The tonal qualities to the writing.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The portrayal of values.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
2. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
3. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
4. What age are the boy's weeklies aimed at?
5. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)