|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
(b) Social superiority.
(c) Moral goodness.
(d) Redemption and power.
2. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Elitists.
(c) The Empirists.
(d) The Socialists.
3. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Told the truth.
(b) Told fanciful stories.
(c) Used common language.
(d) Used colorful language.
4. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
5. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that the intra-party struggles of the Spanish ______ are intricate, distant, and insignificant.
2. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
3. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
4. Who was the leader of Russia at the time of the Spanish Civil War?
5. How man people gather to watch Orwell find the elephant?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)