|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The storylines in "Gem" and "Magnet" seem frozen at what time?
2. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
3. Who supported Franco's defeat in the Spanish Civil War?
4. Orwell says that all successful people share his desire for what?
(c) Receiving attention.
5. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
2. Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia," has a distinctly _______ feel.
3. What do boys' weeklies do to foreigners in their stories?
4. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
5. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)