|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
(c) A woman's mistake.
2. How many reasons compel writers to write, according to Orwell?
(a) Four or more.
(b) Three or more.
(c) One or more.
(d) Two or more.
3. Orwell considers, in "England Your England," how England is composed of varied what?
4. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
5. Is Donald McGill a real person?
(a) It depends on who you ask.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
2. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
3. Orwell regrets that there are no ____________ boys' weeklies.
4. What kind of park does Orwell sit in when he feeds the antelope?
5. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)