|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
(a) A woman's mistake.
2. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The women.
(c) The children.
(d) The men.
3. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
4. Which is not a title Orwell lists as one of the boys' weeklies?
5. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
(a) Material belongings principles.
(b) Political principles.
(c) Dietary principles.
(d) Friend principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boys' weeklies completely lack what?
2. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
3. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
4. Orwell believes that automatic and uncritical thought does what to language?
5. Orwell says that no book is entirely free from what?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)