|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
2. When Orwell writes the essay, "England Your England," German planes are bombing where?
3. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
(a) Beginning of the 18th century.
(b) Beginning of the 17th century.
(c) Beginning of the 19th century.
(d) Beginning of the 20th century.
4. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
5. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
(b) Advancement opporunities.
(c) Good job offers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell regrets that there are no ____________ boys' weeklies.
2. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
3. The stories in the boys' weeklies are ______ and _________.
4. Dickens views revolutions as what?
5. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)