|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The invasion of Russia.
(b) The air-war.
(c) The sea-war.
(d) The invasion of Germany.
2. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
(a) Beginning of the 19th century.
(b) Beginning of the 18th century.
(c) Beginning of the 20th century.
(d) Beginning of the 17th century.
3. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
4. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(b) Serial stories.
(c) Short stories.
5. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(d) Dock worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell questions whether Gandhi truly understood the nature of what?
2. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
3. Dickens was considered a social _______.
4. Orwell says that all successful people share his desire for what?
5. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)