|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
2. The officers of the Senegalese soldiers are not marching, they are what?
(b) Riding in a sedan chair.
(c) Riding in a jeep.
3. Orwell's early attempts at writing were focused on what type of poems?
4. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
(a) Family figures.
(b) Stick figures.
(c) Cartoon figures.
(d) Stock figures.
5. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
(a) Their test scores.
(b) Their future career paths.
(c) Their economic status.
(d) Their intelligence level.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
2. How does Miss Blandish die?
3. Orwell believes that automatic and uncritical thought does what to language?
4. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
5. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)