|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good bad poetry.
(b) Good musical poetry.
(c) Good novel poetry.
(d) Good versical poetry.
2. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
3. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
(a) Religious friends.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Spiteful friends.
(d) Giving friends.
4. Orwell thinks that the antelope looks like it would be good to do what to?
(a) To eat.
(b) To keep.
(c) To pet.
(d) To ride.
5. In what country is Moulmein?
(a) Lower Pakistan.
(b) Lower India.
(c) Lower Arabia.
(d) Lower Burma.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Spanish Civil War was essentially a(n) _______ war.
2. Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia," has a distinctly _______ feel.
3. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
4. Orwell says that, since 1936, everything he has written has been what?
5. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)