|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
(b) Good job offers.
(d) Advancement opporunities.
2. Orwell says that all successful people share his desire for what?
(c) Receiving attention.
3. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
(a) Tree leaves.
4. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
5. In what decade does a new group of writers who begin to focus on the ideal of a serious purpose in life emerge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
2. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
3. How many shots does Orwell fire before approaching the elephant?
4. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
5. What age are the boy's weeklies aimed at?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)