|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
(a) Using dead languages.
(b) Using dead analogies.
(c) Using dying phrases.
(d) Using dying metaphors.
2. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
3. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
(a) Hard work.
(b) Being a soldier.
(d) Being a sailor.
4. Orwell says that no armed force, just perceptions, maintain what?
(a) The condition of the children.
(b) The enslavement of the locals.
(c) The condition of the women.
(d) The social structure.
5. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
2. For Dickens, work is what?
3. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
4. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
5. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)