|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reasons compel writers to write, according to Orwell?
(a) Three or more.
(b) One or more.
(c) Two or more.
(d) Four or more.
2. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
3. How man people gather to watch Orwell find the elephant?
4. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
(a) A game.
(b) A poker game.
(c) An argument.
(d) A fight.
5. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(d) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
2. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
3. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
4. How does Miss Blandish die?
5. The McGill postcards say that no marriage is what?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)