|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Why I Write," Orwell examines his ________ _______ in writing.
(a) Personal feelings.
(b) Personal history.
(c) Personal bias.
(d) Personal interest.
2. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
3. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
(a) A very young age.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A school-aged boy.
4. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
5. Orwell leaves the scene of the elephant shooting feeling what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens was considered a social _______.
2. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
3. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
4. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
5. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)