|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
2. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
3. At what age did Orwell know he was going to be a writer?
(a) A school-aged boy.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A very young age.
4. Which is not a title Orwell lists as one of the boys' weeklies?
5. Boys' Weekly is often described as "penny ________" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
2. Who was the leader of Russia at the time of the Spanish Civil War?
3. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
4. What is one of the schools that Crossgates graduates attend?
5. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)