|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of employee tells Orwell that he, instead of the antelope, could eat the food Orwell is giving to the antelope?
(a) Animal caretaker employee.
(b) Park employee.
(c) Municipal employee.
(d) State employee.
2. In what decade does a new group of writers who begin to focus on the ideal of a serious purpose in life emerge?
3. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
4. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal standing.
(b) Their personal wealth.
(c) Their personal power.
(d) Their personal pride.
5. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
2. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
3. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
4. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
5. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)