|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Socialists.
(c) The Elitists.
(d) The Empirists.
2. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good musical poetry.
(b) Good versical poetry.
(c) Good bad poetry.
(d) Good novel poetry.
3. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
4. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
5. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most Europeans who visit Marrakech are appalled at the harsh treatment meted out to what?
2. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
3. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
4. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
5. Gandhi was part of what country's independence movement?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)