|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Moulmein?
(a) Lower Pakistan.
(b) Lower Arabia.
(c) Lower Burma.
(d) Lower India.
2. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
3. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
(d) Tree leaves.
4. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
(a) They value the rule of law.
(b) They don't know anything better.
(c) They have no choice.
(d) They think it has always been this way.
5. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal power.
(b) Their personal pride.
(c) Their personal wealth.
(d) Their personal standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supported Franco's defeat in the Spanish Civil War?
2. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
3. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
4. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
5. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)