|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
2. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
3. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
4. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
(a) Stick figures.
(b) Stock figures.
(c) Family figures.
(d) Cartoon figures.
5. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
(a) They think it has always been this way.
(b) They value the rule of law.
(c) They don't know anything better.
(d) They have no choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
2. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
3. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
4. England has a vast division between what?
5. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)