|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
2. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
3. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
4. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
(a) His trousers.
(b) His grenade.
(c) His gun.
(d) His boots.
5. Non-objective truth, according to Orwell, is a diagnostic symptom of what?
(a) A democratic state.
(b) A communist state.
(c) A totalitarian state.
(d) A republican state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
2. Orwell believes that the intra-party struggles of the Spanish ______ are intricate, distant, and insignificant.
3. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
4. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
5. Who is the most reliable enemy of Fascism?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)