|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
2. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
3. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
4. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
(d) Gluten-free diets.
5. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell thinks that the antelope looks like it would be good to do what to?
2. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
3. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
4. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
5. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)