|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell thinks that the antelope looks like it would be good to do what to?
(a) To pet.
(b) To ride.
(c) To eat.
(d) To keep.
2. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
(a) Political principles.
(b) Material belongings principles.
(c) Dietary principles.
(d) Friend principles.
3. Most Europeans who visit Marrakech are appalled at the harsh treatment meted out to what?
(a) The children.
(b) The women.
(c) The donkeys.
(d) The cows.
4. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
5. Orwell believes that revolution and warfare make people behave how?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell leaves the scene of the elephant shooting feeling what?
2. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
3. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
4. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
5. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)