|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots does Orwell fire before approaching the elephant?
2. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) A moral thing.
(b) An event that happens elsewhere.
(c) An issue of money.
(d) Something that happens on occasion.
3. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Only the children.
(b) Only the women.
(c) Both the men and the women.
(d) Only the men.
4. Who is the most reliable enemy of Fascism?
(a) The working class.
(b) The middle-class.
(c) The elite class.
(d) The poor.
5. What happens to the elephant after Orwell shoots all his elephant rifle ammunition at it?
(a) It is still breathing.
(b) It wanders off.
(c) It spits up blood.
(d) It dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bingo?
2. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
3. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
4. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
5. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)