|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
2. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
3. How is Raffles killed?
(a) In a fight.
(b) By drowning.
(c) In jail.
(d) In battle.
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A rich son.
(b) A hero.
(c) A fool.
(d) A poor man.
5. How does Miss Blandish die?
(a) Her kidnappers kill her.
(b) She is run over by a car.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is drowned in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious type, in Marrakech, is crowded into restricted areas?
2. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
3. Orwell believes that war is necessarily what?
4. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
5. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)