|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell considers, in "England Your England," how England is composed of varied what?
2. The officers of the Senegalese soldiers are not marching, they are what?
(a) Riding in a sedan chair.
(b) Riding in a jeep.
3. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) Praises them.
(c) De-humanizes them.
(d) Ridicules them.
4. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
(a) He was friends with them.
(b) He despised them.
(c) He didn't like them.
(d) He valued their opinion.
5. Dickens is against trade _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
2. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
3. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
4. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
5. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)