|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Spanish Civil War was essentially a(n) _______ war.
2. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(a) Common place.
3. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
(a) New Version Bible.
(b) King James Bible.
(c) Old Latin Bible.
(d) Christian Bible.
4. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
5. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
2. What kind of employee tells Orwell that he, instead of the antelope, could eat the food Orwell is giving to the antelope?
3. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
4. Orwell believes that war is necessarily what?
5. Why does Orwell shoot the elephant?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)