|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
(a) His duty to God.
(b) His political actions.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His duty to his people.
2. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
(a) A woman's mistake.
3. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
4. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
5. What happens to the elephant after Orwell shoots all his elephant rifle ammunition at it?
(a) It spits up blood.
(b) It is still breathing.
(c) It wanders off.
(d) It dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots does Orwell fire before approaching the elephant?
2. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
3. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
4. Where does Orwell shoot the elephant?
5. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)