|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi became a political figure because he experienced what?
2. What, does Orwell believe, is stronger than class hatred in England?
(c) Cultural similarities.
3. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
4. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
(a) Economic gap.
(b) Poor class.
(d) Middle class.
5. How many cartridges does Orwell get with his elephant rifle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
2. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
3. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
4. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
5. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)