|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
(d) Short stories.
2. Who is at the top of the social pyramid in Marrakech?
(a) Rich merchants.
(b) English imperialists.
(c) Army commanders.
(d) Rich farmers.
3. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(d) Good acts.
4. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
5. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
2. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
3. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
4. Dickens views revolutions as what?
5. Gandhi's methods presupposed that the British regime would react in what type of manner?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)