|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
(a) A millionaire.
(b) A politician.
(c) A king.
(d) A nobleman.
2. Who supported Franco's defeat in the Spanish Civil War?
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
5. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
(c) Good acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
2. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
3. What type of literature does Kipling write?
4. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
5. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)