|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell questions whether Gandhi truly understood the nature of what?
2. What does Orwell feed to the antelope?
3. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
(a) Using dying metaphors.
(b) Using dead languages.
(c) Using dead analogies.
(d) Using dying phrases.
4. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
5. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
2. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
3. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
4. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
5. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)