|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The children.
(c) The women.
(d) The men.
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. Non-objective truth, according to Orwell, is a diagnostic symptom of what?
(a) A totalitarian state.
(b) A republican state.
(c) A democratic state.
(d) A communist state.
4. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
5. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Accepted values.
(d) Immoral behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the top of the social pyramid in Marrakech?
2. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
3. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
4. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
5. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)