|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
(a) Advancement opporunities.
(b) Good job offers.
2. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(a) Common place.
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Orwell believes that the intra-party struggles of the Spanish ______ are intricate, distant, and insignificant.
5. Gandhi's methods presupposed that the British regime would react in what type of manner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
2. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
3. Orwell believes that what are perpetrated by all sides in nearly all wars?
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
5. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)