|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
2. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The poor class.
(c) The laboring class.
(d) The official ruling class.
3. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
4. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
(a) Slow scorer.
(b) Slow bowler.
(c) Fast scorer.
(d) Fast bowler.
5. How does Miss Blandish die?
(a) She is drowned in the river.
(b) Her kidnappers kill her.
(c) She is run over by a car.
(d) She commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. Dickens is not what type of writer?
4. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
5. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)