|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
2. Dickens writes from what point of view?
3. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
4. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
(a) The headmaster.
(b) The principal.
(c) The resident advisor.
(d) The dean.
5. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
2. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
5. How man people gather to watch Orwell find the elephant?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)