|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
(a) Bad English.
(b) Haphazard English.
(c) Poor English.
(d) Reduced English.
2. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
(a) Bad behavior.
(c) Moral defect.
(d) Bad breeding.
3. The officers of the Senegalese soldiers are not marching, they are what?
(b) Riding in a jeep.
(c) Riding in a sedan chair.
4. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
5. Orwell questions whether Gandhi truly understood the nature of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bingo?
2. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
3. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
4. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
5. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)