|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
2. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal wealth.
(b) Their personal pride.
(c) Their personal standing.
(d) Their personal power.
3. Dickens is not what type of writer?
4. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
(a) He was friends with them.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He valued their opinion.
(d) He despised them.
5. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(a) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
2. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
3. Gandhi became a political figure because he experienced what?
4. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
5. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)