|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
2. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(b) Dock worker.
3. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of families.
(b) Lack of government.
(c) Lack of morals.
(d) Lack of history.
4. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
(a) His aide de camp.
(b) A local man.
(c) His bodyguard.
(d) A local boy.
5. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
(a) The belt.
(b) The cane.
(c) The stick.
(d) The wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
2. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
3. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
4. What type of literature does Kipling write?
5. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)