|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Socialists.
(c) The Empirists.
(d) The Elitists.
2. Gandhi became a political figure because he experienced what?
3. Who is the most reliable enemy of Fascism?
(a) The working class.
(b) The elite class.
(c) The poor.
(d) The middle-class.
4. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
5. Dickens writes from what point of view?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots does Orwell fire before approaching the elephant?
2. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
3. Dickens was considered a social _______.
4. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
5. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)