|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
2. Where is Marrakech?
(d) New Zealand.
3. Dickens writes from what point of view?
4. Most Europeans who visit Marrakech are appalled at the harsh treatment meted out to what?
(a) The donkeys.
(b) The children.
(c) The cows.
(d) The women.
5. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
(a) Summary phrases.
(b) Small operators.
(c) Summary words.
(d) False operators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
2. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
3. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
4. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
5. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)