|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
2. How is Raffles killed?
(a) In battle.
(b) In jail.
(c) By drowning.
(d) In a fight.
3. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Used common language.
(b) Told fanciful stories.
(c) Used colorful language.
(d) Told the truth.
4. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
5. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens did not write about what?
2. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
3. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
4. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
5. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)