|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
2. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
3. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(d) A laugh.
4. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
5. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal power.
(b) Their personal pride.
(c) Their personal standing.
(d) Their personal wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Blandish die?
2. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
3. Dickens is against trade _______.
4. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
5. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)