|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How man people gather to watch Orwell find the elephant?
2. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
3. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
(b) Redemption and power.
(c) Moral goodness.
(d) Social superiority.
4. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Only the men.
(b) Only the women.
(c) Both the men and the women.
(d) Only the children.
5. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
2. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
3. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
4. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
5. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)