|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens writes from what point of view?
2. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
3. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The lyrical way it is written.
(b) The portrayal of values.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The tonal qualities to the writing.
4. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) An issue of money.
(b) A moral thing.
(c) Something that happens on occasion.
(d) An event that happens elsewhere.
5. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
2. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
3. Dickens is not what type of writer?
4. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
5. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)