|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
2. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Told fanciful stories.
(b) Used common language.
(c) Told the truth.
(d) Used colorful language.
3. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
4. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
5. Why does Orwell shoot the elephant?
(a) It ran at him.
(b) It was clearly wild.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) He was in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
2. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
3. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
4. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
5. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)