|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orwell shoot the elephant?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the foot.
2. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
(a) Trade advisor.
(b) Local official.
(c) Military advisor.
(d) Police officer.
3. Orwell leaves the scene of the elephant shooting feeling what?
4. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(c) Making enemies of.
5. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(a) Dock worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
2. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
3. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
4. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
5. Dickens was considered a social _______.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)