|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bingo?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) The headmistress.
(c) The smallest student.
(d) The physical education teacher.
2. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
(b) Moral defect.
(c) Bad breeding.
(d) Bad behavior.
3. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Both the men and the women.
(b) Only the women.
(c) Only the men.
(d) Only the children.
4. What is one of the schools that Crossgates graduates attend?
5. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) Ridicules them.
(c) Praises them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
2. The McGill postcards say that no marriage is what?
3. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
4. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
5. How does Miss Blandish die?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)