|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(b) Dock worker.
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A fool.
(b) A rich son.
(c) A hero.
(d) A poor man.
5. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
2. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
3. Dickens is against trade _______.
4. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
5. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)