|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Immoral behaviors.
(c) Accepted values.
2. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal standing.
(b) Their personal wealth.
(c) Their personal power.
(d) Their personal pride.
3. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
(b) Chicken pox.
4. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
5. Dickens did not write about what?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) The proletariat.
(c) The family.
(d) The elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
2. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
3. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
4. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
5. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)