|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The poor class.
(b) The laboring class.
(c) The official ruling class.
(d) The middle class.
2. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Only the women.
(b) Only the men.
(c) Both the men and the women.
(d) Only the children.
3. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
4. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
(a) Local official.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Military advisor.
(d) Trade advisor.
5. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A politician.
(c) A king.
(d) A millionaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
2. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
3. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
4. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
5. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)