|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
(a) Sancho Panza.
(b) Sancho Piazza.
(c) Sancho Plazas.
(d) Sancho Pureats.
2. How is Raffles killed?
(a) In a fight.
(b) By drowning.
(c) In battle.
(d) In jail.
3. What happens to the elephant after Orwell shoots all his elephant rifle ammunition at it?
(a) It is still breathing.
(b) It dies.
(c) It spits up blood.
(d) It wanders off.
4. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
(a) Johnny Weston.
(b) Johnny Eweing.
(c) Johnny Hall.
(d) Johnny McDonald.
5. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(c) Common place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
2. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
3. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
4. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
5. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)