|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
2. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
(a) Slow scorer.
(b) Fast bowler.
(c) Fast scorer.
(d) Slow bowler.
3. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
(a) Redemption and power.
(b) Moral goodness.
(c) Social superiority.
4. Where does Orwell shoot the elephant?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the head.
5. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(a) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
2. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
3. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
4. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
5. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)