|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A rich son.
(b) A hero.
(c) A fool.
(d) A poor man.
2. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good versical poetry.
(b) Good musical poetry.
(c) Good bad poetry.
(d) Good novel poetry.
3. What is Crossgates?
(a) A day school.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A technical school.
(d) A finishing school.
4. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
(b) Good job offers.
(c) Advancement opporunities.
5. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
2. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
3. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
4. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
5. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)