|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The air-war.
(b) The invasion of Germany.
(c) The sea-war.
(d) The invasion of Russia.
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
4. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
5. Who is Bingo?
(a) The smallest student.
(b) The headmistress.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) The physical education teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crossgates?
2. Dickens is not what type of writer?
3. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
4. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
5. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)