|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Only the women.
(b) Only the children.
(c) Only the men.
(d) Both the men and the women.
2. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
3. How man people gather to watch Orwell find the elephant?
4. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
5. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(d) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
2. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
3. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
4. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
5. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)