|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shooting an Elephant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
2. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
(a) Johnny Hall.
(b) Johnny McDonald.
(c) Johnny Weston.
(d) Johnny Eweing.
3. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
(c) A credit to the school.
(d) In debt to the school.
4. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) A moral thing.
(b) An issue of money.
(c) An event that happens elsewhere.
(d) Something that happens on occasion.
5. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
(b) Social superiority.
(c) Moral goodness.
(d) Redemption and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
2. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
3. What happens to the elephant after Orwell shoots all his elephant rifle ammunition at it?
4. What type of literature does Kipling write?
5. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)