|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
(a) Johnny McDonald.
(b) Johnny Hall.
(c) Johnny Eweing.
(d) Johnny Weston.
2. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The air-war.
(b) The invasion of Germany.
(c) The sea-war.
(d) The invasion of Russia.
3. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
4. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The official ruling class.
(b) The poor class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The laboring class.
5. When did "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
2. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
3. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
4. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
5. Dickens writes from what point of view?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)