|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Only the women.
(b) Only the men.
(c) Only the children.
(d) Both the men and the women.
2. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
3. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A hero.
(b) A fool.
(c) A poor man.
(d) A rich son.
5. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
2. For Dickens, work is what?
3. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
4. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
5. Dickens writes from what point of view?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)