|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The subject matter.
(b) The lyrical way it is written.
(c) The portrayal of values.
(d) The tonal qualities to the writing.
2. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
3. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
(a) Beginning of the 18th century.
(b) Beginning of the 17th century.
(c) Beginning of the 19th century.
(d) Beginning of the 20th century.
4. Who is Bingo?
(a) The smallest student.
(b) The physical education teacher.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) The headmistress.
5. Dickens views revolutions as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
2. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
3. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
4. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
5. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)