|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
(a) The cane.
(b) The belt.
(c) The stick.
(d) The wood.
2. How does Miss Blandish die?
(a) She is drowned in the river.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is run over by a car.
(d) Her kidnappers kill her.
3. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
(a) Cartoon figures.
(b) Family figures.
(c) Stick figures.
(d) Stock figures.
4. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The air-war.
(b) The invasion of Germany.
(c) The sea-war.
(d) The invasion of Russia.
5. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
(a) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
2. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
3. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
4. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
5. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)