|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(d) Making enemies of.
2. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The subject matter.
(b) The portrayal of values.
(c) The lyrical way it is written.
(d) The tonal qualities to the writing.
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) De-humanizes them.
(b) Ridicules them.
(c) Praises them.
(d) Makes them heroes.
5. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
2. Dickens views revolutions as what?
3. The McGill postcards say that no marriage is what?
4. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
5. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)