|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
(a) Chicken pox.
2. Dickens writes from what point of view?
3. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
(a) Sancho Pureats.
(b) Sancho Plazas.
(c) Sancho Piazza.
(d) Sancho Panza.
4. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal power.
(b) Their personal standing.
(c) Their personal wealth.
(d) Their personal pride.
5. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(b) Dock worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bingo?
2. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
3. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
4. What type of literature does Kipling write?
5. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)