|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(c) Making enemies of.
2. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
(a) Their future career paths.
(b) Their test scores.
(c) Their economic status.
(d) Their intelligence level.
3. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
(a) Being a sailor.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Being a soldier.
4. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good novel poetry.
(b) Good bad poetry.
(c) Good versical poetry.
(d) Good musical poetry.
5. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
(a) An argument.
(b) A fight.
(c) A poker game.
(d) A game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
2. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
3. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
4. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
5. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)