|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Crossgates?
(a) A technical school.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A day school.
(d) A finishing school.
2. How is Raffles killed?
(a) In a fight.
(b) In jail.
(c) In battle.
(d) By drowning.
3. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
4. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(d) Common place.
5. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
2. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
3. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
4. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
5. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)