|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens did not write about what?
(a) The elite.
(b) The proletariat.
(c) The monarchy.
(d) The family.
2. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Only the men.
(b) Both the men and the women.
(c) Only the women.
(d) Only the children.
3. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
4. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
(b) Social superiority.
(c) Redemption and power.
(d) Moral goodness.
5. Dickens is against trade _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
2. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
3. What is Crossgates?
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
5. The McGill postcards say that no marriage is what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)