|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
(b) Social superiority.
(c) Moral goodness.
(d) Redemption and power.
2. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) De-humanizes them.
(c) Ridicules them.
(d) Praises them.
3. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(a) Common place.
4. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
5. Dickens did not write about what?
(a) The proletariat.
(b) The monarchy.
(c) The family.
(d) The elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
2. Dickens is not what type of writer?
3. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
4. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
5. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)