|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) Ridicules them.
(c) Praises them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
2. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The poor class.
(b) The official ruling class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The laboring class.
3. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
(a) Johnny Weston.
(b) Johnny Hall.
(c) Johnny McDonald.
(d) Johnny Eweing.
4. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
5. What is Crossgates?
(a) A finishing school.
(b) A day school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A technical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
4. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
5. Who is Bingo?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)