|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(d) A laugh.
2. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) An event that happens elsewhere.
(b) Something that happens on occasion.
(c) An issue of money.
(d) A moral thing.
3. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
(b) Bad breeding.
(c) Bad behavior.
(d) Moral defect.
4. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Immoral behaviors.
(d) Accepted values.
5. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
2. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
3. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
4. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
5. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)