|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) An issue of money.
(b) A moral thing.
(c) Something that happens on occasion.
(d) An event that happens elsewhere.
2. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The portrayal of values.
(b) The tonal qualities to the writing.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The lyrical way it is written.
3. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
(a) Johnny McDonald.
(b) Johnny Eweing.
(c) Johnny Weston.
(d) Johnny Hall.
4. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
(a) Both the men and the women.
(b) Only the men.
(c) Only the children.
(d) Only the women.
5. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(a) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
2. Dickens is not what type of writer?
3. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
5. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)