|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The official ruling class.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The laboring class.
(d) The poor class.
2. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of morals.
(b) Lack of government.
(c) Lack of families.
(d) Lack of history.
3. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
4. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
5. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Used colorful language.
(b) Told fanciful stories.
(c) Told the truth.
(d) Used common language.
Short Answer Questions
1. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
2. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
3. Is Donald McGill a real person?
4. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
5. Dickens is against trade _______.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)