|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
2. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
3. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(d) Common place.
4. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
5. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Immoral behaviors.
(d) Accepted values.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
2. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
3. Who is Bingo?
4. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
5. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)