|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
(a) The wood.
(b) The stick.
(c) The belt.
(d) The cane.
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) Something that happens on occasion.
(b) An issue of money.
(c) An event that happens elsewhere.
(d) A moral thing.
4. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(a) A laugh.
5. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Ridicules them.
(b) Makes them heroes.
(c) Praises them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
2. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
3. Dickens is against trade _______.
4. Who is Bingo?
5. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)