|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charles Dickens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
(a) The headmaster.
(b) The principal.
(c) The resident advisor.
(d) The dean.
2. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
(d) Chicken pox.
3. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
4. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
(c) The government.
5. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
(a) Their intelligence level.
(b) Their future career paths.
(c) Their test scores.
(d) Their economic status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
2. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
3. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
4. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
5. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)