|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charles Dickens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens writes from what point of view?
2. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of morals.
(b) Lack of history.
(c) Lack of government.
(d) Lack of families.
3. What is Crossgates?
(a) A technical school.
(b) A finishing school.
(c) A day school.
(d) A boarding school.
4. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
(b) A credit to the school.
(d) In debt to the school.
5. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
(a) Black rings around their eyes.
(b) Sickness and depression.
(c) Guilty facial expressions.
(d) Red marks on their palms,
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
2. Who is Bingo?
3. Dickens is not what type of writer?
4. What does Orwell remember catching at school?
5. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)