|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I Write.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The officers of the Senegalese soldiers are not marching, they are what?
(a) Riding in a sedan chair.
(d) Riding in a jeep.
2. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
3. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Used colorful language.
(b) Told the truth.
(c) Used common language.
(d) Told fanciful stories.
4. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
5. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
2. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
3. The "Gem" and "Magnet" have been in continuous publication for over how long?
4. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
5. Where is Marrakech?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)