Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Looking Back on the Spanish War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
2. Orwell leaves the scene of the elephant shooting feeling what?
3. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
(a) An argument.
(b) A game.
(c) A poker game.
(d) A fight.
4. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
(a) Stick figures.
(b) Cartoon figures.
(c) Family figures.
(d) Stock figures.
5. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
(b) Gluten-free diets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
2. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
3. Where is Marrakech?
4. In what country is Moulmein?
5. Who supported Franco's defeat in the Spanish Civil War?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)