|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raffles and Miss Blandish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(a) Immoral behaviors.
(b) Accepted values.
2. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
(a) Stick figures.
(b) Cartoon figures.
(c) Stock figures.
(d) Family figures.
3. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of history.
(b) Lack of families.
(c) Lack of morals.
(d) Lack of government.
4. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
5. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The poor class.
(b) The official ruling class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The laboring class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
2. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
3. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
4. Is Donald McGill a real person?
5. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)