|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
(a) Trade advisor.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Local official.
(d) Military advisor.
2. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
3. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
4. What, does Orwell believe, is stronger than class hatred in England?
(d) Cultural similarities.
5. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
2. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
3. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
4. Who does most of the work on the farms in Marrakech?
5. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)