|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
2. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A hero.
(b) A rich son.
(c) A poor man.
(d) A fool.
3. How did the British feel about Gandhi?
(a) They respected him.
(b) They feared him.
(c) They favored him.
(d) They honored him.
4. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The portrayal of values.
(b) The tonal qualities to the writing.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The lyrical way it is written.
5. Dickens did not write about what?
(a) The proletariat.
(b) The family.
(c) The elite.
(d) The monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of literature does Kipling write?
2. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
3. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
4. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
5. What trait, of the students, determines their discipline level and what classes they can take?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)