|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
2. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
3. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
4. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
(a) Using dead analogies.
(b) Using dying metaphors.
(c) Using dying phrases.
(d) Using dead languages.
5. What happens to the elephant after Orwell shoots all his elephant rifle ammunition at it?
(a) It dies.
(b) It spits up blood.
(c) It is still breathing.
(d) It wanders off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens writes from what point of view?
2. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
3. Gandhi became a political figure because he experienced what?
4. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
5. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)