|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Religious friends.
(c) Giving friends.
(d) Spiteful friends.
2. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
(a) A king.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A politician.
(d) A millionaire.
3. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(a) Dock worker.
4. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
(a) Friend principles.
(b) Political principles.
(c) Material belongings principles.
(d) Dietary principles.
5. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of families.
(b) Lack of government.
(c) Lack of history.
(d) Lack of morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the schools that Crossgates graduates attend?
2. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
3. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
4. The Spanish Civil War was essentially a(n) _______ war.
5. Who does Orwell, while he is at school, smash in the face?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)