|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
2. Where does Orwell shoot the elephant?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the chest.
3. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Used common language.
(b) Told fanciful stories.
(c) Used colorful language.
(d) Told the truth.
4. McGill postcards say that a man can never win what with a woman?
(a) A poker game.
(b) An argument.
(c) A game.
(d) A fight.
5. Dickens is not what type of writer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell's study of English literature shows that English literature moves from a focus on the beauty of nature to a focus on the tragic nature of what?
2. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
3. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
4. What, does Orwell believe, is stronger than class hatred in England?
5. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)