|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(b) Common place.
2. How many cartridges does Orwell get with his elephant rifle?
3. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
(a) Good job offers.
(b) Advancement opporunities.
4. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
(a) Small operators.
(b) Summary words.
(c) Summary phrases.
(d) False operators.
5. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crossgates?
2. Orwell believes that war is necessarily what?
3. Gandhi was part of what country's independence movement?
4. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
5. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)