|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi became a political figure because he experienced what?
2. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
(a) His political actions.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His duty to his people.
(d) His duty to God.
3. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
(a) His boots.
(b) His trousers.
(c) His gun.
(d) His grenade.
4. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
(a) He didn't like them.
(b) He despised them.
(c) He valued their opinion.
(d) He was friends with them.
5. Orwell believes that the intra-party struggles of the Spanish ______ are intricate, distant, and insignificant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
2. Orwells says that the political ______ is able to create or dismiss war's happenings to fit the current political atmosphere's needs.
3. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
4. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
5. Who supported Franco's defeat in the Spanish Civil War?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)