|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
(a) Red marks on their palms,
(b) Guilty facial expressions.
(c) Sickness and depression.
(d) Black rings around their eyes.
2. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(c) Making enemies of.
3. Who was the leader of Russia at the time of the Spanish Civil War?
4. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
5. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(d) Dock worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
2. Gandhi was part of what country's independence movement?
3. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
4. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
5. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)