|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the elephant after Orwell shoots all his elephant rifle ammunition at it?
(a) It wanders off.
(b) It spits up blood.
(c) It is still breathing.
(d) It dies.
2. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
(a) Gluten-free diets.
3. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of government.
(b) Lack of morals.
(c) Lack of history.
(d) Lack of families.
4. How did the British feel about Gandhi?
(a) They respected him.
(b) They honored him.
(c) They favored him.
(d) They feared him.
5. The most marked characteristic of England, according to Orwell, is what?
(a) Its hypocrisy.
(b) Its monarchy.
(c) Its spirituality.
(d) Its gentleness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the beatings to Orwell for wetting his bed?
2. Who is the most reliable enemy of Fascism?
3. McGill postcards' jokes are not witty, but are what?
4. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
5. Is Donald McGill a real person?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)