|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bingo?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) The smallest student.
(c) The physical education teacher.
(d) The headmistress.
2. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
(a) Economic gap.
(b) Poor class.
(d) Middle class.
3. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) De-humanizes them.
(b) Praises them.
(c) Ridicules them.
(d) Makes them heroes.
4. English citizens, according to Orwell, have a love of what, but not because of aesthetics?
5. Orwell considers, in "England Your England," how England is composed of varied what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
2. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
3. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
4. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
5. How is Raffles killed?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)