|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
(a) Giving friends.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Spiteful friends.
(d) Religious friends.
2. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
(a) His trousers.
(b) His boots.
(c) His grenade.
(d) His gun.
3. When Orwell writes the essay, "England Your England," German planes are bombing where?
4. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
5. In what country is Moulmein?
(a) Lower India.
(b) Lower Pakistan.
(c) Lower Burma.
(d) Lower Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
2. Is Donald McGill a real person?
3. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
4. Why does Orwell shoot the elephant?
5. Orwell watches a troop of ______ Senegalese soldiers walk by him in Marrakech.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)