|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His duty to God.
(c) His political actions.
(d) His duty to his people.
2. Why do the English people support the brutal and discriminatory laws?
(a) They think it has always been this way.
(b) They don't know anything better.
(c) They have no choice.
(d) They value the rule of law.
3. Why does Orwell shoot the elephant?
(a) It ran at him.
(b) It was clearly wild.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) He was in danger.
4. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The invasion of Germany.
(b) The sea-war.
(c) The air-war.
(d) The invasion of Russia.
5. What kind of park does Orwell sit in when he feeds the antelope?
(a) State park.
(b) Safari park.
(c) Wilderness park.
(d) City park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Donald McGill a real person?
2. For Dickens, work is what?
3. Dickens was considered a social _______.
4. Orwell considers, in "England Your England," how England is composed of varied what?
5. In Moulmein, Orwell serves in what capacity?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)