|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. English national characteristics include a lack of what type of inclination?
2. Dickens was considered a social _______.
3. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good bad poetry.
(b) Good novel poetry.
(c) Good musical poetry.
(d) Good versical poetry.
4. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
(a) His grenade.
(b) His gun.
(c) His boots.
(d) His trousers.
5. Dickens views revolutions as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens is not what type of writer?
2. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
3. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
4. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
5. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)