|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that revolution and warfare make people behave how?
2. Where is Marrakech?
(c) New Zealand.
3. Orwell thinks that the antelope looks like it would be good to do what to?
(a) To keep.
(b) To eat.
(c) To pet.
(d) To ride.
4. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
(b) In debt to the school.
(c) A credit to the school.
5. Orwell believes that the ruling class of England is what?
(c) Not teachable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is depicted on McGill postcards that is, by definition, humorous?
2. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
3. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
4. Why does Orwell shoot the elephant?
5. When Orwell sees an enemy running along in full view, what is the enemy holding with his hands?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)