|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orwell writes the essay, "England Your England," German planes are bombing where?
2. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The official ruling class.
(b) The laboring class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The poor class.
3. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
(a) Sancho Piazza.
(b) Sancho Pureats.
(c) Sancho Plazas.
(d) Sancho Panza.
4. The obscene McGill postcards are tolerated because they are based on what?
(b) Accepted values.
(c) Immoral behaviors.
5. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
(b) The government.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that the ruling class of England is what?
2. Orwell leaves the scene of the elephant shooting feeling what?
3. Orwell believes that automatic and uncritical thought does what to language?
4. How does the school characterize bed-wetting?
5. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)