|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most characters illustrated on McGill postcards are what?
(a) Family figures.
(b) Stick figures.
(c) Stock figures.
(d) Cartoon figures.
2. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
3. Once Orwell won his scholarships, the school considered him what?
(a) A credit to the school.
(b) In debt to the school.
4. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The invasion of Russia.
(b) The air-war.
(c) The sea-war.
(d) The invasion of Germany.
5. Who does Orwell send to get an elephant rifle before he goes looking for the elephant?
(a) His aide de camp.
(b) His bodyguard.
(c) A local boy.
(d) A local man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, the English common people exhibit a type of ________ feeling.
2. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
3. Most Europeans who visit Marrakech are appalled at the harsh treatment meted out to what?
4. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
5. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)