|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The invasion of Russia.
(b) The sea-war.
(c) The air-war.
(d) The invasion of Germany.
2. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(a) Dock worker.
3. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
(a) The official ruling class.
(b) The poor class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The laboring class.
4. The subsequent investigation finds that Orwell was _______ in shooting the elephant.
5. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens is not what type of writer?
2. Non-objective truth, according to Orwell, is a diagnostic symptom of what?
3. When Orwell first comes upon the elephant, what is it eating?
4. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
5. Orwell says that England could not become Germany any more than a turnip seed could grow into what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)