|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) Praises them.
(c) Ridicules them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
2. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A poor man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A rich son.
(d) A hero.
3. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
(a) Guilty facial expressions.
(b) Black rings around their eyes.
(c) Sickness and depression.
(d) Red marks on their palms,
4. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(b) Making enemies of.
5. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(c) Short stories.
(d) Serial stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
2. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
3. How many sections is the essay on Orwell's school experiences divided into?
4. The McGill postcards say that no marriage is what?
5. Dickens is not what type of writer?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)