|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
(d) A laugh.
2. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
3. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
4. The dirty postcards are a sign that people sometimes wish that society wasn't so what?
5. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
(a) Sancho Plazas.
(b) Sancho Panza.
(c) Sancho Piazza.
(d) Sancho Pureats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
2. Dickens is against trade _______.
3. The basic premise of the postcards that deal with marriage is that marriage benefits who?
4. For Dickens, work is what?
5. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)