|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
2. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(d) Common place.
3. Orwell believes that children have no sense of ______ and therefore cannot judge things for what they are.
4. The students at the school are told that those who are sinful will exhibit their sin by what?
(a) Black rings around their eyes.
(b) Guilty facial expressions.
(c) Red marks on their palms,
(d) Sickness and depression.
5. What is one of the schools that Crossgates graduates attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Orwell before he started wetting his bed at school?
2. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
3. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
4. For Dickens, work is what?
5. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)