|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) De-humanizes them.
(b) Makes them heroes.
(c) Praises them.
(d) Ridicules them.
2. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
3. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good musical poetry.
(b) Good novel poetry.
(c) Good versical poetry.
(d) Good bad poetry.
4. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The portrayal of values.
(b) The lyrical way it is written.
(c) The subject matter.
(d) The tonal qualities to the writing.
5. Who is Bingo?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) The headmistress.
(c) The smallest student.
(d) The physical education teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens did not write about what?
2. Dickens writes from what point of view?
3. What breaks during Orwell's second beating?
4. How many scholarships does Orwell win?
5. Orwell's education at Crossgates is intended to gather him what?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)