|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rudyard Kipling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age do the McGill postcards imply that sex-appeal evaporates?
2. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Praises them.
(b) Makes them heroes.
(c) Ridicules them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
3. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(a) Serial stories.
(d) Short stories.
4. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
5. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(b) Common place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the poorer students, illnesses are considered to be be a form of what?
2. Dickens treats all petty officials with what?
3. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
4. McGill's postcards are designed to get what?
5. Orwell calls the dual nature that is in all people the ________ view of life.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)