|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through England Your England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
(a) His duty to his people.
(b) His political actions.
(c) His duty to God.
(d) His religious beliefs.
2. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
3. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(b) Common place.
4. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
5. What is the name of the side opposite Orwell in the Spanish Civil War?
(a) The Elitists.
(b) The Empirists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Socialists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the philosophy of the school, obscene displays of wealth are indicative of what?
2. Orwell says that no armed force, just perceptions, maintain what?
3. Orwell's study of English literature shows that English literature moves from a focus on the beauty of nature to a focus on the tragic nature of what?
4. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
5. The changes in England have been accompanied by the rapid expansion of the what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)