|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
2. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of morals.
(b) Lack of families.
(c) Lack of history.
(d) Lack of government.
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good bad poetry.
(b) Good musical poetry.
(c) Good versical poetry.
(d) Good novel poetry.
5. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens is against trade _______.
2. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
3. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
4. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
5. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)