|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the British feel about Gandhi?
(a) They favored him.
(b) They respected him.
(c) They honored him.
(d) They feared him.
2. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
(a) Dock worker.
3. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
(a) A poor man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A rich son.
(d) A hero.
4. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
(a) Poor English.
(b) Haphazard English.
(c) Reduced English.
(d) Bad English.
5. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
(a) Being a soldier.
(c) Being a sailor.
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that automatic and uncritical thought does what to language?
2. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
3. How does Miss Blandish die?
4. Dickens is against trade _______.
5. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)