|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
(a) Reduced English.
(b) Bad English.
(c) Haphazard English.
(d) Poor English.
2. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal standing.
(b) Their personal wealth.
(c) Their personal power.
(d) Their personal pride.
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
5. In what type of print does Raffles appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
2. Dickens was considered a social _______.
3. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
4. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
5. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)