|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) Ridicules them.
(c) Praises them.
(d) De-humanizes them.
2. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
(a) Using dying metaphors.
(b) Using dead languages.
(c) Using dying phrases.
(d) Using dead analogies.
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
5. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
(a) Bad English.
(b) Haphazard English.
(c) Reduced English.
(d) Poor English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
2. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
3. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
4. Dickens views revolutions as what?
5. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)