|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal pride.
(b) Their personal wealth.
(c) Their personal power.
(d) Their personal standing.
2. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
(a) A millionaire.
(b) A politician.
(c) A king.
(d) A nobleman.
3. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
4. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
5. The Raffles stories glamorize what?
(a) Hard work.
(c) Being a sailor.
(d) Being a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
2. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Dickens views revolutions as what?
5. Gandhi believed in what dietary principle?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)