|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
2. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
(a) Using dead analogies.
(b) Using dying metaphors.
(c) Using dying phrases.
(d) Using dead languages.
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Dickens believes that society's ills are partially due to what?
(a) Lack of families.
(b) Lack of morals.
(c) Lack of history.
(d) Lack of government.
5. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(c) Making enemies of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
2. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
3. With what accent do all of Dickens's heroes speak?
4. For Dickens, work is what?
5. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)