|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
(a) Using dying phrases.
(b) Using dead languages.
(c) Using dead analogies.
(d) Using dying metaphors.
2. Dickens is not what type of writer?
3. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
4. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
5. Orwell doesn't believe that Gandhi's political beliefs can be separated from what?
(a) His political actions.
(b) His duty to his people.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His duty to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
2. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
3. Dickens views revolutions as what?
4. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
5. Dickens focuses on the institutions of what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)