|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
2. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
3. How does Orwell, repeatedly, refer to Kipling's poetry?
(a) Good bad poetry.
(b) Good versical poetry.
(c) Good novel poetry.
(d) Good musical poetry.
4. How did the British feel about Gandhi?
(a) They honored him.
(b) They feared him.
(c) They respected him.
(d) They favored him.
5. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
2. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
5. Gandhi's methods presupposed that the British regime would react in what type of manner?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)