|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The sea-war.
(b) The invasion of Russia.
(c) The invasion of Germany.
(d) The air-war.
2. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
3. Dickens writes from what point of view?
4. How many writing samples does Orwell mention in the beginning of "Politics and the English Language"?
5. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
2. Dickens is against trade _______.
3. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
4. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
5. How did the British feel about Gandhi?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)