|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The invasion of Germany.
(b) The air-war.
(c) The invasion of Russia.
(d) The sea-war.
2. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
(a) Fast scorer.
(b) Slow bowler.
(c) Fast bowler.
(d) Slow scorer.
3. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
(a) Small operators.
(b) Summary phrases.
(c) False operators.
(d) Summary words.
4. Orwell finds it remarkable that Dickens attacked everyone without __________ anybody.
(c) Making enemies of.
5. How is Raffles killed?
(a) By drowning.
(b) In jail.
(c) In a fight.
(d) In battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
2. Dickens says that proper acts are those that are historically what?
3. Orwell says that Dickens never wrote of what?
4. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
5. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)