|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Told fanciful stories.
(b) Told the truth.
(c) Used common language.
(d) Used colorful language.
2. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
(a) Beginning of the 18th century.
(b) Beginning of the 17th century.
(c) Beginning of the 20th century.
(d) Beginning of the 19th century.
3. For Dickens, work is what?
(a) A moral thing.
(b) Something that happens on occasion.
(c) An event that happens elsewhere.
(d) An issue of money.
4. Raffles is a cricketer who excels as a what?
(a) Fast scorer.
(b) Slow scorer.
(c) Fast bowler.
(d) Slow bowler.
5. Dickens did not write about what?
(a) The family.
(b) The proletariat.
(c) The elite.
(d) The monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens believes that what type of children shouldn't have to work long shifts in crushing labor?
2. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
5. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)