|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raffles is considered a gentleman _______.
2. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
3. Where does Orwell point to as a negative example of what Gandhi was trying to promote?
4. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
5. Orwell rejects, specifically, which of Gandhi's principles as a spiritual practice?
(a) Material belongings principles.
(b) Political principles.
(c) Friend principles.
(d) Dietary principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
2. For Dickens, work is what?
3. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
4. Orwell believes that Dickens is more than an author, he is a what?
5. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)