|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time period does Raffles capture the public's imagination?
(a) Beginning of the 17th century.
(b) Beginning of the 18th century.
(c) Beginning of the 19th century.
(d) Beginning of the 20th century.
2. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(b) Short stories.
(c) Serial stories.
3. How did Gandhi feel about the British?
(a) He was friends with them.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He despised them.
(d) He valued their opinion.
4. Gandhi believed that he should avoid having what type of friends?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Religious friends.
(c) Giving friends.
(d) Spiteful friends.
5. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Makes them heroes.
(b) De-humanizes them.
(c) Praises them.
(d) Ridicules them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Blandish is the daughter of whom?
2. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
3. Orwell believes that automatic and uncritical thought does what to language?
4. Dickens is not what type of writer?
5. Dickens feels that _________ success is paramount.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)