|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on Gandhi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Blitz" of World War II?
(a) The air-war.
(b) The invasion of Russia.
(c) The invasion of Germany.
(d) The sea-war.
2. The premise of "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" is that everyone seeks to increase what?
(a) Their personal power.
(b) Their personal standing.
(c) Their personal pride.
(d) Their personal wealth.
3. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(d) Common place.
4. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
5. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickens suggests that if man would be decent, then _________ would be decent.
2. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
3. Early in his life, Gandhi tried to _______ British culture.
4. Who is the author of the Raffles stories?
5. How does Miss Blandish die?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)