|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
(d) Short stories.
2. To a modern sensibility, much of Kipling's philosophy is what?
(b) Common place.
3. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
4. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
5. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is "Tropic of Cancer" set in?
2. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
3. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
4. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
5. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)