|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
2. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
3. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
4. When does Orwell meet Miller?
5. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Ridicules them.
(b) De-humanizes them.
(c) Praises them.
(d) Makes them heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
2. In general, Orwell believes that bad English ______ the language of meaning.
3. What style is "Tropic of Cancer" written in?
4. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
5. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)