|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
(a) The subject matter.
(b) The tonal qualities to the writing.
(c) The portrayal of values.
(d) The lyrical way it is written.
2. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
(a) Short stories.
3. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
(a) Used common language.
(b) Told the truth.
(c) Used colorful language.
(d) Told fanciful stories.
4. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(b) Serial stories.
(c) Short stories.
5. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
Short Answer Questions
1. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
2. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
5. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)