|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
(a) Summary words.
(b) False operators.
(c) Small operators.
(d) Summary phrases.
2. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
3. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
4. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
5. When does Orwell meet Miller?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
2. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
3. Orwell believes that ________ corrupts thought.
4. What is one of the common writing errors that Orwell points out in his essay?
5. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)