|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
2. What style is "Tropic of Cancer" written in?
(c) First-person narrative.
3. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
4. In one example, Orwell translates a verse from what book into typical bad English?
(a) Old Latin Bible.
(b) Christian Bible.
(c) New Version Bible.
(d) King James Bible.
5. When does Orwell meet Miller?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
2. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
3. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
4. Kipling's ideas result in poetry that portrays the common foot soldier as what?
5. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)