|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell, although he once found Houseman to be enjoyable, now finds his writings to be what?
2. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
3. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
4. Orwell says that bad English is a good vehicle for what kind of speech?
5. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(b) Serial stories.
(c) Short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
2. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
3. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
4. Orwell believes that Kipling's poetry is remembered because of what?
5. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)