|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is "Tropic of Cancer" set in?
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
(a) Summary phrases.
(b) False operators.
(c) Summary words.
(d) Small operators.
4. Kipling feels that suppressing and controlling native people is what?
5. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling believes that there is what type of law, that he considers morally right?
2. The result of Orwell's translation of a verse from the Bible into typical bad English is what?
3. What style is "Tropic of Cancer" written in?
4. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
5. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)