|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade does a new group of writers who begin to focus on the ideal of a serious purpose in life emerge?
2. Kipling provides nearly the only literary description of much of nineteenth-century where?
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. Miller telld Orwell that his goal of direct participation in the Spanish Civil War was what?
5. When was Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kipling strongly identifies with what class?
2. Kipling's poetry has penetrated into everyday language because Kipling did what?
3. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
4. What is the name for an entire phrase that stands for single words?
5. The dialogue in Miller's novel is what?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)