|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the Whale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell believes that stringent social conformism means that the greatest writers write what type of works?
(a) Short stories.
2. According to Orwell, how does Kipling view life?
3. What type of literature does Kipling write?
(b) Serial stories.
(d) Short stories.
4. When does Orwell meet Miller?
5. Kipling's ideals result in poetry that do what to junior officers in the military?
(a) Ridicules them.
(b) Praises them.
(c) De-humanizes them.
(d) Makes them heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell says that using bad English is what?
2. What city is "Tropic of Cancer" set in?
3. Orwell believes that good English writing demands what?
4. Totalitarian Russia is associated with what type of political beliefs?
5. When political truth is difficult, meaningless ________ becomes acceptable.
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)