* Pat 1 begins with the tale of how Orwell, at the age of eight, attends school at Crossgates, a boarding school.
* After two weeks at the school, Orwell begins to wet his bed, even though he is told bedwetting is unacceptable.
* After his first beating by the headmaster, Orwell proclaims that it didn't hurt, and is sent back for a second, worse, beating.
* Part 2 speaks of how successful Crossgates students attend Harrow or Eaton after graduation.
* At Crossgates there are students from across the social spectrum, from rich to poor, who are scholarship students.
* If you are a scholarship student, your classes are limited to those that don't require extra money and you learn things that help you pass exams and get scholarships to more prestigious schools.
* If you are a rich student, you can take whatever classes you want and you get gifts...
This section contains 4,421 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)