|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Latimer accuse Mr. Peters of while he is in Latimer's hotel room in Paris?
(a) Conspiring with Grodek to humilate Latimer.
(b) Lying about his age.
(c) Being a cop.
(d) Murdering Dimitrios.
2. What friend of DImitrios did Visser go to in order to find out where DImitrios was?
(a) Irana Preveza.
(b) Madame la Cometesse.
(c) The Grand Duchess.
(d) A. Vazoff.
3. What does the second letter to Dimitrios insist about the messenger with the blackmail money?
(a) The messenger must be a female.
(b) The messenger must speak French.
(c) The messenger must be unarmed.
(d) The messenger must be Dimitrios.
4. What does Peters suggest to Latimer to make him feel better, before they meet Dimitrios?
(a) That he sit in a dark corner and hide his face.
(b) That he buy himself a gun.
(c) That he write a last will and testament.
(d) That he drink another glass of scotch.
5. What is Monsieur Le Duc's real name?
(a) Edward Peters.
(b) Manus Visser.
(c) Edmund Gerald.
(d) Siantos Kropols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Grodek's mission in Belgrade?
2. Why does Grodek laugh after he and Latimer toast to detective novels?
3. What does Latimer read about in the newspaper files?
4. Who turned informant on the crew and got them all arrested?
5. What was the name of the woman who used to measure up potential clients for Dimitrios?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)