|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Mr. Peters have?
(c) An Uzi.
2. Who was the victim of an assassination attempt in 1924?
(a) The President.
(b) The Gazi.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Colonel.
3. What is the name of the man on the train with Latimer?
(b) Mr. White.
(c) Mr. Pink.
(d) Mr. Peters.
4. What is Latimer's first name?
5. What is Latimer expecting to do when he returns from La Vierge?
(b) Leave for home.
(d) Write a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first detective novel that Latimer wrote?
2. What does the interpreter drink during dinner?
3. Where does Latimer meet Colonel Haki?
4. What is the name of the woman who owns the villa that Latimer stays at?
5. What is the name of Latimer's interpreter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Latimer contemplate about evil after he agrees to help Peters blackmail Dimitrios? What realization does he come to?
2. What business did Peters get into with Dimitrios? How did their business expand?
3. For what three reasons did Latimer become a professional writer?
4. Where does Latimer go after Sofia? Who does he meet there?
5. What does Dimitrios offer Latimer to not leave the apartment and get the police? What happens once Latimer leaves?
6. What kind of car does Grodek's chauffeur drive? What does this suggest to Latimer?
7. How did Irana first meet Dimitrios? Why is she mad at him now? What is her reaction to the news of his death?
8. Who does Latimer meet when he is in Istanbul? What characteristics does the man have? What does Latimer learn about the man later?
9. Why does Grodek laugh during his conversation with Latimer before lunch? What word of advice does he give Latimer?
10. As Peters and Latimer wait for the messenger, what car are they looking for? What is the weather like outside? What time is it?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)