|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Marukakis speak to Latimer?
2. How much money does Muishkin give back to Latimer?
(a) Ten piastres.
(b) Fifty piastres.
(c) One hundred and fifty piastres.
(d) Three hundred piastres.
3. What is Latimer's reaction to Colonel Haki's story notes?
(a) He supresses laughter.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is intrigued.
4. What does Peters discover in Latimer's hotel room that arouses his suspicion?
(a) Latimer's timetable.
(b) Latimer's gun.
(c) Latimer's English novels.
(d) Latimer's bank registry.
5. Who was the victim of an assassination attempt in 1924?
(a) The Gazi.
(b) The President.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mr. Peters point out that Latimer is embarrassed about the translation of?
2. What does the Colonel say is the difference between a real criminal and a storybook criminal?
3. What is the purpose of Mr. Peters' visit?
4. What year was the assassination attempt on Stambulisky?
5. Where does Latimer meet Colonel Haki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitrios offer Latimer to not leave the apartment and get the police? What happens once Latimer leaves?
2. Who does Latimer meet when he is in Istanbul? What characteristics does the man have? What does Latimer learn about the man later?
3. As Peters and Latimer wait for the messenger, what car are they looking for? What is the weather like outside? What time is it?
4. What is different about the format of Chapter 9? What language does Latimer write in?
5. When Latimer leaves Irana, what is strange about his hotel room? Who does he find there? What are both of their reactions?
6. When Latimer sees the gun in Peters' hand, what goes through his mind? What does he say to Peters? What does this tell us about Latimer?
7. What changes Mr. Peters' opinion of Latimer? What did he find in Latimer's room that caused him so much suspicion?
8. What does Latimer enclose in his anonymous letter to the police? Why does he do this?
9. What does Latimer do in order to understand where Dimitrios went after he left Smyrna? Where does he conclude Dimitrios went?
10. Where does Latimer go after Sofia? Who does he meet there?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)