|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that Marukakis learns of who knew Dimitrios?
(a) Sofia Perez.
(b) Madame Taladis.
(c) Irana Preveza.
(d) Irana Makrpolous.
2. What do Latimer and Marukakis drink while they wait for Irana?
3. What word does Mr. Peters point out that Latimer is embarrassed about the translation of?
4. Where do Latimer and the interpreter meet to exchange the documents?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In Latimer's hotel room.
(d) In a bathroom.
5. What is the purpose of Mr. Peters' visit?
(a) To find out what Latimer knows.
(b) To give Latimer his contact information.
(c) To kill Latimer.
(d) To scare Latimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dimitrios' last name?
2. What does Siantos tell Latimer about the man who will help him with Bulgarian politics?
3. When Latimer returns to his room after leaving La Vierge, what is odd about his room?
4. How much money does Muishkin give back to Latimer?
5. How much money does Latimer pay the interpreter for the files on Dimitrios?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal did Dimitrios want to make with Giraud and Peters? How did this inconvenience them?
2. What does Latimer do in order to understand where Dimitrios went after he left Smyrna? Where does he conclude Dimitrios went?
3. What does Peters tell Dimitrios they will give in return for the money? When do they want the money?
4. What is Latimer afraid of as he waits in the hotel room for Dimitrios? What does Peters suggest?
5. What business did Peters get into with Dimitrios? How did their business expand?
6. Where does Latimer go after Sofia? Who does he meet there?
7. When Latimer confronts Mr. Peters in his Paris hotel room, what does he threaten him with? What does Peters suggest?
8. How does Latimer know without looking that Dimitrios is in Peters' apartment? What does Dimitrios do before Peters has a chance to speak?
9. What does Peters want Latimer to help him with? On what two conditions does Latimer agree to go along with Peters' plan?
10. What type of information does Latimer's contact in Sofia give him? How is this connected to Dimitrios?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)