|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Latimer's friend who aids him in finding Dimitrios' refugee records?
(b) Colonel Haki.
2. Where was Dimitrios born?
3. Who many years ago was it that Irana knew Dimitrios?
4. What does the Colonel say is the difference between a real criminal and a storybook criminal?
(a) A real criminal is ruthless.
(b) A storybook criminal always gets away.
(c) A real criminal has feelings.
(d) A storybook criminal is artistic.
5. What is rumored about Colonel Haki?
(a) He is the head of the secret police.
(b) He is an impostor.
(c) He has killed many men.
(d) He is actually French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the assassination attempt on Stambulisky?
2. How much money did Dimitrios owe Irana?
3. What is Latimer expecting to do when he returns from La Vierge?
4. What is the name of the man on the train with Latimer?
5. What is the name of the woman who owns the villa that Latimer stays at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Irana first meet Dimitrios? Why is she mad at him now? What is her reaction to the news of his death?
2. What kind of car does Grodek's chauffeur drive? What does this suggest to Latimer?
3. What does Peters offer Latimer to drink in his apartment? What does Peters encourage Latimer to do as he tells Latimer his story?
4. Who was Peters in business with when he first met Dimitrios? What was his first impression of Dimitrios?
5. Why does Grodek laugh during his conversation with Latimer before lunch? What word of advice does he give Latimer?
6. When Latimer wakes up after his encounter with Mr. Peters, what is he angry about? What does he think he should have done?
7. Where do Latimer and Marukakis go to meet Irana Preveza? What type of business is this? How does Latimer feel about it?
8. Who helps Latimer find the refugee records of Dimitrios? What name does Latimer find him under?
9. How did Grodek eventually friend Bulic? How did he gain control over this man?
10. What does Latimer do in order to understand where Dimitrios went after he left Smyrna? Where does he conclude Dimitrios went?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)