|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Visser track Dimitrios down after he was released from prison?
(a) He pretended to be a patient of each clinic till he saw Dimitrios.
(b) He held Peters up at gunpoint for the information on Dimitrios.
(c) He went to clinics and said he was referred by a Monsiuer Rougemont.
(d) He infiltrated each clinic posing as a doctor.
2. What time does Grodek write that his chauffeur will pick Latimer up?
3. What was the name of Peters' partner before Dimitrios came along?
(c) La Preveza.
4. How much money do Peters and Latimer ask Dimitrios for in their letter?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand piastres.
(c) One million francs.
(d) Two thousand pounds.
5. What is Latimer's first impression of Dimitrios when he walks into the hotel room?
(a) Sleek and distinguished.
(b) Young and dangerous.
(c) Ugly and haggard.
6. What does Mr. Peters show Latimer inside his clothes cupboard?
(b) A nice coat.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A secret passage.
7. What does Grodek tell Latimer he should do?
(a) Go back to being a professor.
(b) Go to France.
(c) Forget the whole investigation.
(d) Write realistic novels.
8. When do Peters and Latimer demand that Dimtirios pay them the blackmail money?
(a) That night.
(b) A week from their meeting.
(c) The next day.
(d) A month from their meeting.
9. What does Latimer say Grodek's car suggests?
10. Finish the sentence: "A man's features, the bone structure and the tissue that covers it, are the product of a biological process; but his face________".
(a) He creates through life.
(b) He creates for himself.
(c) Is a product of violence.
(d) Is a window to the soul.
11. What kind of car comes to pick Latimer up?
(d) Coupe de ville.
12. What type of Yacht did Dimitrios have for his trip with Visser?
13. What does Ambler compare a face to?
(a) A window.
(b) A telltale sign of one's character.
(c) A picture.
(d) A mask.
14. What does Peters say is the art of being successful in life?
(a) The art of swindling people for money.
(b) The art of war.
(c) The art of knowing the people who will be useful.
(d) The art of detective work.
15. What language does Peters write to Grodek in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grodek's first name?
2. What does Latimer accuse Mr. Peters of while he is in Latimer's hotel room in Paris?
3. What does Latimer find out about Mr. Peters from reading the newspaper?
4. What were the initials on the letters Visser found from Rome?
5. What did Peters use to smuggle their first shipment of drugs in?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)