|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was it supposed that Dimitrios went after the drug bust?
(d) A rehab center.
2. What kind of car comes to pick Latimer up?
(a) Coupe de ville.
3. What do the Turkish authorities use to determine the identity of the man in the river?
(a) An Italian life insurance policy.
(b) A Greek passport.
(c) A Turkish driver's license.
(d) A French carte d'identite.
4. After Latimer dines with Peters on the day before the meeting with Dimitrios, what ailment begins to plague him?
(b) A stomachache.
(c) A headache.
5. What does Latimer find out about Mr. Peters from reading the newspaper?
(a) Peters is a cop.
(b) Peters murdered Dimitrios.
(c) Peters is a wanted man.
(d) Peters was involved in the drug bust.
6. Whose body is in the photograph that Peters shows Latimer?
7. When Latimer is on his way to meet Peters before meeting with Dimitrios, what does he stop into the cafe for?
(a) A shot.
(c) A coffee.
(d) An infusion.
8. Finish the sentence: "A man's features, the bone structure and the tissue that covers it, are the product of a biological process; but his face________".
(a) He creates for himself.
(b) He creates through life.
(c) Is a product of violence.
(d) Is a window to the soul.
9. Which famous work does Latimer think is part of Dimitrios' philosophy?
(a) Common Sense.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) The Farmer's Almanac.
(d) The Bible.
10. What was the name of the department Bulic once worked at?
(a) The Department of Figures and Charts.
(b) The Department of Mines.
(c) The Department of Defense.
(d) The Department of Supply.
11. Whose face did Dimitrios once spit in during a meeting?
(c) The Grand Duchess.
12. What does Latimer say Grodek's car suggests?
13. What does Latimer accuse Mr. Peters of while he is in Latimer's hotel room in Paris?
(a) Lying about his age.
(b) Murdering Dimitrios.
(c) Being a cop.
(d) Conspiring with Grodek to humilate Latimer.
14. When Latimer and Peters go to the hotel room, what does Latimer become afraid of?
(a) Dimitrios being able to find him afterward.
(b) Peters messing the meeting up.
(c) Peters pulling his gun on him.
(d) Dimitrios not showing up.
15. What month does Latimer arrive in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Latimer realize he is ailing from after he does not feel better?
2. Why does Grodek say he doesn't read detective novels?
3. How does Latimer refer to Grodek in the letter in Chapter 9?
4. Who did Grodek use as a go-between during his work in Belgrade?
5. On the night of their meeting with Dimitrios, what does Latimer insist that Peters do?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)