|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Latimer arrive in Paris?
2. What type of Yacht did Dimitrios have for his trip with Visser?
3. What was Grodek's mission in Belgrade?
(a) Assassinate the Prime Minister.
(b) Motivate the troops.
(c) Obtain a map of a minefield.
(d) Become a mole in the army.
4. What was the name of the establishment Peters co-owned at one time?
(a) The Casbah.
(b) Le Giraud.
(c) Le Kasbah.
(d) Le Sheik.
5. What does Peters admit to Latimer after Dimitrios is gone from the hotel room?
(a) He was thinking of killing Latimer earlier.
(b) He would not have shared the money with Latimer anyway.
(c) He also went to the police station to report DImitrios.
(d) He, too, was very afraid of Dimitrios.
6. How does Latimer refer to Grodek in the letter in Chapter 9?
(c) The spy.
7. What were the initials on the letters Visser found from Rome?
8. In Chapter 9, what language is the letter that Latimer writes written in?
9. What famous leader does Grodek quote when talking to Latimer?
(b) Ghengis Khan.
(d) Alexander the Great.
10. What do the Turkish authorities use to determine the identity of the man in the river?
(a) A Greek passport.
(b) A Turkish driver's license.
(c) An Italian life insurance policy.
(d) A French carte d'identite.
11. Why does Peters say to Dimitrios that Latimer is invaluable to him?
(a) He knows Colonel Haki.
(b) He can confirm that Visser is dead.
(c) He has the power to write stories.
(d) He is an Englishman.
12. How many murders does Latimer estimate Dimitrios has committed?
(a) Too many to count.
13. What does Peters suggest to Latimer to make him feel better, before they meet Dimitrios?
(a) That he write a last will and testament.
(b) That he sit in a dark corner and hide his face.
(c) That he buy himself a gun.
(d) That he drink another glass of scotch.
14. What does Peters want Latimer to help him with?
(a) Blackmailing Dimitrios.
(b) Going to the authorities to confirm Visser's death.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Killing Dimitrios.
15. On the night of their meeting with Dimitrios, what does Peters ask of Latimer before they depart?
(a) If he can get Latimer's autograph.
(b) If he can have Latimer's address in England.
(c) If he will lend him some money.
(d) If he will stay for one more night while the deal goes through.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turned informant on the crew and got them all arrested?
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mr. Peters say he last saw Dimitrios?
3. What kind of coffee does Mr. Peters make for Latimer and himself when Latimer visits his apartment?
4. How does Peters lose the person tailing him and Latimer?
5. What does Latimer accuse Mr. Peters of while he is in Latimer's hotel room in Paris?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)