|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Grodek seem to Latimer?
(a) Around 40.
(b) About 80.
(c) Under 30.
(d) About 60.
2. How did Visser track Dimitrios down after he was released from prison?
(a) He held Peters up at gunpoint for the information on Dimitrios.
(b) He went to clinics and said he was referred by a Monsiuer Rougemont.
(c) He pretended to be a patient of each clinic till he saw Dimitrios.
(d) He infiltrated each clinic posing as a doctor.
3. Who did Peters see in Rome two years ago?
4. Who is the letter addressed to that Latimer writes in Chapter 9?
(b) La Preveza.
5. When Latimer is on his way to meet Peters before meeting with Dimitrios, what does he stop into the cafe for?
(b) A coffee.
(c) An infusion.
(d) A shot.
6. What was the name of Peters' partner before Dimitrios came along?
(b) La Preveza.
7. From what country did Dimitrios need help from Peters to smuggle women?
8. Who turned informant on the crew and got them all arrested?
(a) The Grand Duchess.
9. On the night of their meeting with Dimitrios, what does Peters ask of Latimer before they depart?
(a) If he will stay for one more night while the deal goes through.
(b) If he can get Latimer's autograph.
(c) If he can have Latimer's address in England.
(d) If he will lend him some money.
10. What does Peters say he and Latimer will give Dimitrios in exchange for one million francs?
(a) Their support.
(b) Their silence.
(c) A detective novel.
(d) A life insurance policy.
11. How many murders does Latimer estimate Dimitrios has committed?
(d) Too many to count.
12. What does Dimitrios want to know from Lamiter before he leaves the meeting?
(a) A copy of Latimer's latest book.
(b) What the man in the morgue looked like.
(c) Latimer's autograph.
(d) Latimer's real name.
13. Finish the sentence: "A man's features, the bone structure and the tissue that covers it, are the product of a biological process; but his face________".
(a) He creates for himself.
(b) Is a window to the soul.
(c) Is a product of violence.
(d) He creates through life.
14. What is Mr. Peters' real name?
(a) Sasha Pickols.
(b) John Peters.
(c) Frederik Peterson.
(d) Alexander Petrofsky.
15. How much money did Peters lend Visser during the time that Visser was looking for DImitrios?
(a) Three hundred piastres.
(b) Three thousand francs.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) Two thousand soles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the department Bulic once worked at?
2. What month does Latimer arrive in Paris?
3. Why does Peters say to Dimitrios that Latimer is invaluable to him?
4. What does Peters want Latimer to help him with?
5. What kind of car comes to pick Latimer up?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)