|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Latimer realize he is ailing from after he does not feel better?
(a) A fever.
(b) Cold feet.
(c) Small pox.
(d) He has been drugged.
2. Who was Peters' and Dimitrios' contact in Sofia during their drug trade?
3. When do Peters and Latimer demand that Dimtirios pay them the blackmail money?
(a) The next day.
(b) A month from their meeting.
(c) That night.
(d) A week from their meeting.
4. What month does Latimer arrive in Paris?
5. What does Dimitrios want to know from Lamiter before he leaves the meeting?
(a) Latimer's autograph.
(b) A copy of Latimer's latest book.
(c) Latimer's real name.
(d) What the man in the morgue looked like.
6. Where does Grodek live?
7. What kind of rugs are in Peters' apartment?
8. In Chapter 9, what language is the letter that Latimer writes written in?
9. On the night of their meeting with Dimitrios, what does Peters ask of Latimer before they depart?
(a) If he will stay for one more night while the deal goes through.
(b) If he will lend him some money.
(c) If he can get Latimer's autograph.
(d) If he can have Latimer's address in England.
10. How much money did Peters lend Visser during the time that Visser was looking for DImitrios?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Two thousand soles.
(c) Three thousand francs.
(d) Three hundred piastres.
11. What does Grodek tell Latimer he should do?
(a) Go back to being a professor.
(b) Forget the whole investigation.
(c) Write realistic novels.
(d) Go to France.
12. When Latimer and Peters go to the hotel room, what does Latimer become afraid of?
(a) Peters pulling his gun on him.
(b) Dimitrios being able to find him afterward.
(c) Dimitrios not showing up.
(d) Peters messing the meeting up.
13. How does Peters lose the person tailing him and Latimer?
(a) At the Metro.
(b) In an alley.
(c) By shooting the man.
(d) By getting into a taxi.
14. What is hanging in the entryway of Grodek's house along with the coats?
(a) Baseball gloves.
15. How much money do Peters and Latimer ask Dimitrios for in their letter?
(a) One hundred thousand piastres.
(b) One million francs.
(c) Five million dollars.
(d) Two thousand pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Peters write to Grodek in?
2. What does Latimer say Grodek is retired from?
3. What does Latimer read about in the newspaper files?
4. What did Peters use to smuggle their first shipment of drugs in?
5. What drug did Dimitrios and Peters originally begin smuggling together?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)