|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Latimer's first name?
2. How much money did Dimitrios owe Irana?
(a) 1,500 piastres.
(b) One thousand Francs.
(c) 2,500 leva.
(d) 1,000 leva.
3. What does the Colonel say is the difference between a real criminal and a storybook criminal?
(a) A storybook criminal is artistic.
(b) A real criminal has feelings.
(c) A storybook criminal always gets away.
(d) A real criminal is ruthless.
4. What kind of gun does Mr. Peters have?
(b) An Uzi.
5. What language does Marukakis speak to Latimer?
6. What lie does Latimer concoct so as to not raise suspicion about his investigation?
(a) The research is for a new book.
(b) He is locating lost relatives.
(c) He is researching for the University.
(d) He is looking for a childhood friend.
7. Where does Latimer meet Colonel Haki?
8. How many years after the war between Turkey and Greece does Latimer arrive?
9. Where does Latimer think Dimitrios went after he left Smyrna?
10. Where is Latimer staying while in Sofia?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) The Grand Palace.
(d) The Paradiso Hotel.
11. What is the name of the first detective novel that Latimer wrote?
(a) The Mystery of the Missing Knife.
(b) The Stained Tablecoth.
(c) The Bloody Shovel.
(d) The Butcher Knife.
12. Where were drugs hidden during a French drug bust in 1929?
(a) A baby carriage.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A hat.
(d) A suitcase.
13. Where does Marukakis first meet Latimer?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) In Latimer's hotel.
(d) In a news agency.
14. What does Latimer tell Marukakis when he asks why Latimer is interested in this information?
(a) That he is researching his ancestors.
(b) That he wants to lead a coup.
(c) The truth.
(d) That he is a policeman.
15. What is the name of the man on the train with Latimer?
(a) Mr. Pink.
(b) Mr. Peters.
(d) Mr. White.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Haki say to Latimer is expected of him?
2. Who is the author of the quote that begins the novel?
3. What job did Dimitrios hold in Izmir?
4. What is the name of the Polish contact that Peters gives Latimer?
5. What language are the records written in that Latimer wants?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)