|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Latimer's reaction to Colonel Haki's story notes?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is intrigued.
(c) He supresses laughter.
(d) He is outraged.
2. What does the Colonel say is the difference between a real criminal and a storybook criminal?
(a) A storybook criminal always gets away.
(b) A storybook criminal is artistic.
(c) A real criminal has feelings.
(d) A real criminal is ruthless.
3. What is rumored about Colonel Haki?
(a) He is an impostor.
(b) He is actually French.
(c) He has killed many men.
(d) He is the head of the secret police.
4. What does Colonel Haki say to Latimer is expected of him?
(a) To be smart.
(b) To travel a lot.
(c) To be professional.
(d) To play the fool.
5. What is the name of the woman that Marukakis learns of who knew Dimitrios?
(a) Madame Taladis.
(b) Sofia Perez.
(c) Irana Makrpolous.
(d) Irana Preveza.
6. When Latimer returns to his room after leaving La Vierge, what is odd about his room?
(a) There is a dead body on the floor.
(b) His things are gone.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) He is in the wrong hotel room.
7. What business does Marukakis suspect was behind the coup d'etat?
(a) The Eurasian Credit Trust.
(b) The Grand Palace.
(c) The Government.
(d) The Police.
8. What word does Mr. Peters point out that Latimer is embarrassed about the translation of?
9. Who is A. Vazoff?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A bank manager.
10. What language are the records written in that Latimer wants?
11. How much money does Peters propose to give Latimer if he comes to France?
(a) 5,000 piastres.
(b) 1 million leva.
(c) 2,500 Pounds.
(d) 2 million francs.
12. How much money does Muishkin give back to Latimer?
(a) Ten piastres.
(b) One hundred and fifty piastres.
(c) Three hundred piastres.
(d) Fifty piastres.
13. What is the purpose of Mr. Peters' visit?
(a) To find out what Latimer knows.
(b) To give Latimer his contact information.
(c) To scare Latimer.
(d) To kill Latimer.
14. Who is the murderer in Colonel Haki's story?
(a) The Butler.
(b) The Lord's wife.
(c) The Lord's son.
(d) The Lord's brother.
15. What is the name of the place where Marukakis and Latimer go to find Irana Preveza?
(a) La Vierge St. Marie.
(d) Le Viol de Lucrece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Dimitrios owe Irana?
2. Where do Latimer and the interpreter meet to exchange the documents?
3. What do Marukakis and Latimer drink during lunch?
4. After Dimitrios leaves Smyrna, who does he try to assassinate?
5. On Dimitrios' identification card, how is he supposed to have escaped?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)