|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere like in the morgue?
2. Who are Marukakis and Latimer going to see at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Irana Preveza.
(b) A. Vazoff.
(d) Colonel Haki.
3. Where does Mr. Peters say Latimer's next stop will be?
4. What does the interpreter drink during dinner?
5. How tall does the woman who knows Dimitrios say that he is?
(a) Five foot nine.
(b) 200 centimeters.
(c) 100 centimeters.
(d) 182 centimeters.
6. When Latimer returns to his room after leaving La Vierge, what is odd about his room?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) There is a dead body on the floor.
(c) He is in the wrong hotel room.
(d) His things are gone.
7. After Dimitrios leaves Smyrna, who does he try to assassinate?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The President.
(c) Colonel Haki.
(d) The Prime Minister.
8. Where do Marukakis and Latimer meet for lunch?
(a) Latimer's hotel.
(b) A restaurant attached to a grocery store.
(c) Marukakis' apartment.
(d) A stand outside a building.
9. Where does Latimer think Dimitrios went after he left Smyrna?
10. What nationality is Latimer's interpreter?
11. What name do they find Dimitrios under?
12. How was the body in the morgue killed?
(a) Knife wound in the stomach.
(b) Shot in the back.
13. How many years after the war between Turkey and Greece does Latimer arrive?
14. What does the Frenchman, Chamfort, say that chance is a nickname for?
15. What is the name of the woman who owns the villa that Latimer stays at?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Madame Consuelos.
(c) Madame Chavez.
(d) Madame Guittierez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say is the difference between a real criminal and a storybook criminal?
2. What city did the Turks and Greeks both rampage in the midst of a war?
3. Where is Latimer staying while in Sofia?
4. Where were drugs hidden during a French drug bust in 1929?
5. Who is A. Vazoff?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)