|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siantos tell Latimer about the man who will help him with Bulgarian politics?
(a) He is a Communist.
(b) He is a murderer.
(c) He is an athiest.
(d) He doesn't like Englishman.
2. Who is A. Vazoff?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A bank manager.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A politician.
3. What nationality is Latimer's interpreter?
4. What business does Marukakis suspect was behind the coup d'etat?
(a) The Grand Palace.
(b) The Eurasian Credit Trust.
(c) The Government.
(d) The Police.
5. What do Marukakis and Latimer drink during lunch?
6. Who is the author of the quote that begins the novel?
(a) Sir Ben Kingsley.
(b) Sir Thomas Browne.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
7. How many years after the war between Turkey and Greece does Latimer arrive?
8. How much money does Peters propose to give Latimer if he comes to France?
(a) 1 million leva.
(b) 2,500 Pounds.
(c) 5,000 piastres.
(d) 2 million francs.
9. What do Latimer and Marukakis drink while they wait for Irana?
10. Who are Marukakis and Latimer going to see at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A. Vazoff.
(c) Colonel Haki.
(d) Irana Preveza.
11. What word does Mr. Peters point out that Latimer is embarrassed about the translation of?
12. Where did Irana pin her money when Dimitrios first came to her apartment?
(a) Under the mattress.
(b) In her skirt.
(c) Under a dresser.
(d) In the curtains.
13. What was the name of the man that was hanged for a crime he said Dimitrios committed?
14. What does Latimer tell Peters about his interest in Dimitrios?
(a) That he works for Dimitrios.
(b) That he has been sent to kill Dimitrios.
(c) The truth.
(d) That he is a private investigator.
15. Where do Latimer and the interpreter meet to exchange the documents?
(a) In Latimer's hotel room.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) In a bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peters propose to Latimer?
2. What does Latimer tell Marukakis when he asks why Latimer is interested in this information?
3. What is the name of the woman who owns the villa that Latimer stays at?
4. What is the name of Latimer's friend who aids him in finding Dimitrios' refugee records?
5. How tall does the woman who knows Dimitrios say that he is?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)