|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Half a Million Francs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Mr. Peters' visit?
(a) To find out what Latimer knows.
(b) To give Latimer his contact information.
(c) To kill Latimer.
(d) To scare Latimer.
2. What does Colonel Haki say to Latimer is expected of him?
(a) To travel a lot.
(b) To be professional.
(c) To play the fool.
(d) To be smart.
3. Who is the murderer in Colonel Haki's story?
(a) The Lord's son.
(b) The Lord's wife.
(c) The Lord's brother.
(d) The Butler.
4. Who is A. Vazoff?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A bank manager.
(d) A politician.
5. What business does Marukakis suspect was behind the coup d'etat?
(a) The Government.
(b) The Eurasian Credit Trust.
(c) The Police.
(d) The Grand Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Frenchman, Chamfort, say that chance is a nickname for?
2. What nationality is Latimer's interpreter?
3. What word does Mr. Peters point out that Latimer is embarrassed about the translation of?
4. What lie does Latimer concoct so as to not raise suspicion about his investigation?
5. What job did Dimitrios hold in Izmir?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)